Looking for artist to create digital color cartoon versions of 2 people

I would like to have my daughter and husband "drawn" together as and air bender (husband) and water bender (daughter) the way they would look if they were characters in the Avatar cartoon series ( The Last Airbender / Legend of Korra).

This is one work of art with the two of them together. I will own the rights to it.

Please respond with sample work and price.

Thank You
Comments17
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Thank you all for your replies. I am overwhelmed! I think I have chosen an artist but want to thank everyone else for their interest. If for some reason it doesn't work out with the artist I have chosen, then I will get back with you all.
Greetings,

I saw your ad and interested in offering you my commission service. I have experiences in character commission.

kindly check my gallery - [link]
see if it fits your taste
prices and rates can be found here - [link]

you can contact me through deviantart note or my e-mail: basotahuikan@yahoo.com

thanks!
Twenty dollars, Full body, color.

I would love to do this. I can pretty reliably copy styles, but have no samples of Avatar-style stuff because, frankly, I haven't had a request or commission to do it and I don't usually copy a style unless I have a request to do so.

In any case, if this was a full-body, full-color action type piece without a BG or a complex BG, it would run about 100$ with the rights being yours. And, if you ever didn't like how things looked in the sketch phase, I would of course refund your deposit so that you could hire someone to get it the way you wanted it. I have confidence that wouldn't happen, though. ;P

In any case, please feel free to note me if you're interested. I am easy to work and communicate with and your project would be fun!

Gallery link: [link]

~Laurie
Hi Laurie,

I am very interested in working with you on this project. The style I would like the characters drawn in can be found here:
[link]
and
[link]
If you're not familiar with the show, the characters in blue are the water benders and orange/yellow with the arrows on their heads are the air benders.

I can get you a current picture of my husband and daughter shortly. As I stated in a previous comment, they should look like they are cartoon characters but be recognizable as my husband and daughter.

I would like some sort of background, but it doesn't need to be complex.

Thanks for your interest,
Melody
Hey Melody,

I am very familiar with the show and am a big fan, so that won't be a problem. LOL

I'll send you a note shortly so we can discuss this further privately. :)
Good evening!

This sounds like an adorable commission to do. I can this for $20, or if you want it in watercolors, $30.

Examples:

Digital:

Pen and Ink:

Watercolor:
Hi! I can do this for you for $7 (fully body or not). :) My only issue is with complex backgrounds. I'll only do backgrounds to that similar to the following examples:

I'm interested.
Here some of my samples

The price is $85 for 2 characters in a scene.
Hello, i'm freelance illustrator, here some samples of my work:

My price for 2 full body full color characters is 50EUR
E-mail me at: kika1983@abv.bg
for additional information.
Thank you!
Kika
I've noted you with prices and my art link.
You could absolutely display the image in your portfolio. I doubt we would be making money off of it, but I want those rights. I certainly don't want someone else making money off images of my husband and daughter.

But who is really going to be buying that anyways? I just want to be able to make prints of it, put it on a mug, a box, whatever I want to make for them.

Thanks
Hiya.

As far as rights... Would we be allowed to display the image on our portfolio? Would you look to make extra money off of the image once you have the rights? etc.
You could absolutely display the image in your portfolio. I doubt we would be making money off of it, but I want those rights. I certainly don't want someone else making money off images of my husband and daughter.

But who is really going to be buying that anyways? I just want to be able to make prints of it, put it on a mug, a box, whatever I want to make for them.

Thanks
Ah, okeydoke.

Well! Price depends exactly on what you want: such as, if it's full-colour vs. sketch, waist-up vs. full-body or just headshots, etc.

Price guidelines are here (but each commission is different so they each have different prices); [link]

Examples: