Closed to new replies
November 25, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 21

Science Fiction Illustrator and Concept Artist Wanted

:icontm285:
tm285 Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012
I have recently been contacted by a few students looking for experience in the industry and thought I would offer this opportunity to a few more people.

I am currently writing a post-apocalyptic novel set in the future, where swarms of primitive alien creatures have taken over the planet following devastating meteor strikes. The great majority of it is set in a new settlement built around the Tower of London, the London Underground and within the ruined streets of London itself. There are also an advanced race of beings who have access to flying ships/vehicles involved.

If you would like to read my book and do some work for it in your spare time, perhaps add to your portfolio and gain some real world experience I am happy to send you over what has been written so far, it it around 70% finished. I must keep the rights to any work you produce in direct relation to my book for legal reasons, but you can use them in your portfolios, share them with your friends and submit them for any University work you are assigned. You may benefit when I approach publishers as all art work will be shown to them and you may be picked to do paid work for the front and back cover and be kept on their roster for science fiction illustration. Just a heads up though I probably will not be approaching publishers until next year.

The budget for this project is very limited due to the quantity of students I am offering this opportunity to so it will be decided on a case by case basis.

Looking forward to hearing from you all,

Taran Matharu

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconmiller08:
Miller08 Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012  Student Digital Artist
:iconmiller08:
Miller08 Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Feel Free To browse my gallery and contact if you have any questions!
[link]
:iconconejoto:
CONEJOTO Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Good day!

I'm interested. Please check my gallery: [link]

waiting anxiously your reply~

tm285 Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012
Please include pricing in your message with attached examples for consideration.
:iconbrandonhenning:
BrandonHenning Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012  Professional General Artist
Hello, I'm very interested.
Here's my gallery link: [link]
Send me a note to discuss further if interested.
:iconarman-rillo-sr:
Arman-Rillo-Sr Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
note sent!
:iconxxfenrierxx:
XxFenrierxX Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
I’m interested in any of the two positions, please check my portfolio for reference at:
[link]
My price rates are at my journal:
[link]
Thanks
:iconjoshcalloway:
JoshCalloway Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
I would like to be considered for the job. Feel free to view my work at [link]
:iconabstractamit:
abstractamit Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012
Hi,
Myself Amit, the director of Crimzon Studio. we are working in the creative media since a while now and have a good experienced and hardworking team who are experts in all related arts.here is the link to our website for comics
[link]
and for more of our other works
[link]
We are very much interested to work on your project and continue a good work relation.
Thnxx & Regards.
Amit.
:icongameofdolls:
gameofdolls Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Professional General Artist
Please feel free to browse my gallery and see if my style of work is suitable for your project.
Thanks.
:iconlordfreeza:
LordFreeza Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
I design cover art and I also design templates if theres any need for it.

I included my link here. Or one of them anyway.

[link]

J.
:icontestosteronman:
TestosteronMan Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Professional General Artist
Hi,
i'm interested, check out my portfolio, be sure to see all of the pages [link] . Thanks.

Cheers,
Darko
:iconwestlylafleur:
WestlyLaFleur Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Retains all rights, no direct compensation mentioned: please use the projects forum, thank-you.
tm285 Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012
Compensation is direct but will be decided on a case by case basis. I need to retain all rights in case royalties are demanded later for concept work.
:icondestriarch:
Destriarch Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012
"I need to retain all rights in case royalties are demanded later for concept work."

I'm not sure I follow your logic here. You don't need all rights just to ensure that you don't wind up paying royalties, you can simply request non-exclusive rights to an unlimited print run within the remit of a single product or product line.
tm285 Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012
It's easier to retain all rights rather than getting into discussing legal terms and contracts over some minor illustration work. Especially as this is more of an opportunity for aspiring artists looking to build portfolios and get paid for it rather than sell work done in relation to my book for prints online.
:icondestriarch:
Destriarch Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012
Well, I can understand your desire to keep legalities simple, so long as you understand that it is something you *want* to do, not something that you legally *need* to do.

Just keep in mind that you are not necessarily offering anyone any great opportunity. Alas, the only people who are in a position to offer amazing opportunities to budding artists in terms of exposure are those who are already famous enough to be able to afford to pay for the best. The very fact that you are on a limited budget does rather suggest that no worthwhile exposure will result. I note from your original post that you do not yet have a publisher. That does not bode well. Now, if you were Clive Barker, or Terry Pratchett, THAT would be an opportunity.

My advice to you would be forget about art for now, write your book, and then get a really good agent. They'll find your publisher for you, and the publisher will source any artwork your book may require. I very strongly suspect in fact that they'd want to use their own artists even if you presented them with art you'd already acquired. Most reputable publishers insist upon prospective writers being represented by an agent in any case - 'No Unsolicited Work'. Believe me, no serious novel writer ever got published because their manuscript had pretty pictures.

In short, 'Exposure' is the weakest currency. Until somebody finds a way to cook and eat it, I'll take reasonable pay over exposure any day of the week.
:iconalan-huxley:
Alan-Huxley Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012  Professional General Artist
please check out my deviant art page. @[link]. I have over 10 years of experience and a track record of on time successful projects. Thank you and i hope we will be working together soon.
:iconibunibun:
ibunibun Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012
well....worth a try
here's my thumbs for a quick preview of works

my comm price [link]

note me if you're interested
:icon3001:
3001 Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012
This offer would sound much more interesting if you did not insist on 'keeping the rights to any work'.
That sounds like you are buying all rights for all countries for an indefinite amount of time. With a very limited budget.
Add a Comment: