Looking for a proofreader! Will pay by use of Paypal or Points! Whatever you choose!

I am looking for a proofreader for a story - kind of like a beta reader really.

Willing to pay $5 - $10 through the usage of ONLY Paypal. If you don't have paypal or if you rather have points, I will obviously just pay the equivalent amount in points. Haha.

State your price. The entire story is approx 500 words. YUP just 500 words. Needs someone who is skilled in grammar, sentence structure blah blah blah the usual.

I would rather prefer to look at examples of writing before anything. I need someone to give me suggestions on the entire thing and fix what needs to be fixed.

To sum it up I need this kind of person:
- Replies quickly; as in doesn't take two days or more to reply
- Confidential; won't spread this all over the place duh.
- After corrections, it must not exceed 500 words.
- Comfortable with doing the entire thing over email or notes. Whichever you choose. No comments. (dunno if this is obvious xD)

I will choose who ever has posted by Tuesday. I want the story to be perfect by November 29th or November 30th.

If I choose you, I will privately message you and if you have any questions, feel free to ask away!
Comments22
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I'd be willing to give it a shot. I don't have any recent writing samples up on here, but I'd be willing to link you to my blogs if that would help.
I am a freelance proofreader. There are two published books out there which I have proofed (not vanity published either--these are "real" book published by real publishing houses).

Just 500 words???

I'll do it for free.

No lie.

Send me a PM.
And I write (check out my deviations).
I'm interested.
Interested. Take a look at my gallery, I uploaded two fragments of a short story - still a work in progress, but you can judge my style from it. I have a bit of a weak spot for complex, elegant sentences.

Otherwise, I just wish you best of luck with it, eh?
I'm actually a editor, I proofread for a writing community, so I do have experience. :)
I'm available and ready for this opportunity. If you wish to see examples of my intellect and/or grammatical tones I shall send you the required proofs/information via Note.

Also, I am active for a decent enough amount of time on DeviantART and check back on the forums for any notes once per hour so you needn't worry about any "late" replies.

- Will be awaiting your note
I'd be honored to help, with payment in points. I'm very well-informed in the manner of grammar and general mechanics. I can respond quickly, and I can ensure the 500 limit.
Hello! I'm currently studying to be a fully-qualified editor (I plan on taking all four exams offered by the Editor's Association of Canada over the next couple of years). I don't have a lot of writing samples online due to the fact that most of my writing projects are long novels that are not finished yet, but you can see some of my short stories and "doodles" here: [link]

Unfortunately, none of the authors I've worked with recently have given me permission to share their work as samples of my editing, but I've had experience with everything from essays to short stories to comic scripts, and I absolutely love working closely back-and-forth with authors until their story is the best it can be. Your price range is perfectly acceptable for such a short project, and we can discuss those details further in private. It shouldn't take me long at all to edit 500 words, I'm online every day, multiple times a day, with the exception of Saturdays, but since you need it done by the end of the week, that shouldn't be an issue. I am very good about documenting all changes I make, and always provide detailed feedback and multiple options (when possible) on any changes that are more than simple spelling/grammar fixes, will point out frequently made technical errors, and am very good at picking up on plot holes, inconsistencies, and other miscellaneous continuity issues.
I will gladly proff read your work ^^ i am majoring in english right now and i got above average on every standardized test given in the US in the english section. i will gladly read and report back to you with the errors or any sugested changes. ^^
Yeah...I commented one in the projects forum.
Hi! I'm really interested in proofreadimg your work. I've written various newspaper articles before and I'm also currently writing a novel (which I can't show you since it's confidential). I'll proofread your grammar, sentence structure, etc.. Please note me your price offer. Thank you.
*proofreading
Hello TotodileYan, I'm quite glad to help you in this and read your story.
I'm an expert in story writing and reviewing, I accept your price range and I have some writings up that I can supply!
Please contact me! :)
Hi! I'm interested in doing this. :) I don't have any pieces of writing up, but I'm definitely a self-proclaimed grammar Nazi. :XD:
Don't really got no examples of my writing in data form 'cept my journal ramblings which don't always exactly seek to follow perfect grammar but hey, I'm up for the job if you interested.
Your comment is hilarious, to me...it's a job as a proof reader FFS!!!!
Yup, and in my comment I already briefly addressed the matter of using everyday speech in most of my online ramblings. That don't mean I didn't know no grammar. It's like how pretty much every big-time rapper actually has a way bigger vocabulary than the average Joe, yet rap remains what rap remains.
Ah Yes...but this isn't a job for a big time rapper...word!
Duh. But again the way one speaks don't necessarily have a thing to do with their understanding of grammar: it just means they ain't no grammar Nazis by nature. So you just get back to drawing them boobs.