Quality inked comic art ($40 PayPal)

Hey comic artists,

I'm looking to get myself a nice commission for Christmas, but, like everywhere in the world, times are tough in my little corner of reality.

I'm looking for some quality comic art to add to my collection. I have a variety of characters that I tend to collect the most of, and I'll list them here in a little bit.

I know a lot of you are going to groan because the inevitable is coming: I'm looking for quality art that costs $40 or less, and that needs to include shipping to Michigan. I'll pay half upon seeing a thumbnail sketch of what you intend to draw and half upon completion of the piece.

By quality, I typically am looking for strong artwork, supported by correct anatomy, proportions and movement. I'm not interested in anime or manga style art, just western comic style. I liked inked art, but clean pencils are also welcome.

I want art that is 11x14 at the smallest, though I prefer 11x17 boards. Additionally, I'd be willing to consider sketch covers if you like drawing them.

The characters I'm most interested in are:

Cassie Hack and Vlad (Image Comics Hack/Slash comics)

Huntress (DC comics' Batman Universe)

Power Girl (DC Comics' World's Finest and others) -- less chesty, more powerful

Dr. Doom (Marvel Comics' Fantastic Four and others)

Captain Marvel (New version from Marvel Comics -- formerly Ms. Marvel)

Danger Girls (various Publishers -- Danger Girl comics created by J. Scott Campbell)

Moon Knight (Marvel Comics)

Shi (Crusade Entertainment -- created by Billy Tucci)

Batman/Batgirl/Robin/Poison Ivy/Catwoman/etc (DC comics)

X-Men (Marvel Comics)

I'm interested in pieces that showcase multiple characters. I'm definitely interested in a piece with characters together such as the X-Men fighting Sentinels, Dr. Doom surrounded by the women of the Marvel Universe as he sits in his throne, etc.

Let me know what you have in mind. Send me some examples. Let's talk.

I know I say $40 or LESS, but that doesn't mean I'll just pick the artist who offers the lowest rate. I'll look over the galleries or any examples you want to send and make my decision or I'll ask some further questions.

And before you put an entire list of reasons why I'm asking too little for quality artwork, I'll just let you know that I've received the following at less than the amount I've listed here for each piece, including shipping:

Moon Knight: [link]

Cassie Hack: [link]

Vlad and Cassie: [link]

Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to seeing what type of work is being done out there.
Comments15
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Hello,
i am interested in your job offered
will like to introduce myself , i am a professional digital artist ,
I am currently working as fulltime freelance digital artist here as i have
just lost my job. i hope i can earn some little amount from here till i get
a new job. please support me by commission me. thank you.

I am holding a promotion of 3 artwork and you will get a free one on any of the catalog.

The following is the example of work i have done latest.

This is the Video Reviews of my latest commissioner.

[link]
[link]
[link]

Please contact me at digitalmake@hotmail.com or note me here for more detail of my service.
THANK YOU.

Regards,
DIGITALMAKE
Hello.
I am interested in your project.
Here you can see some of my work:
www.mardelplatacomics.blogspot.com
[link]

I hope we can work together.

Best regards.

Diego Martinez.

martinezcomics@gmail.com
martinez_877@hotmail.com
I'm interested. This is my gallery: [link]
please check out my deviant art page. @[link]. I have over 10 years of experience and a track record of on time successful projects. Thank you and i hope we will be working together soon.
Note sent. Thanks
Hey there, I just started doing comissions. I have rates listed, see if they're up your alley.
Cheers,
T
I don't mean to be rude, but there's something I have to say about this:

"And before you put an entire list of reasons why I'm asking too little for quality artwork, I'll just let you know that I've received the following at less than the amount I've listed here for each piece, including shipping:"

The problem is that there's plenty of good artists out there who take what they get because they need any money they can earn. You contribute to artists' struggling in life by justifying low payment in such a way - if you appreciate quality art as something people should dedicate their time to, you should simply compensate it in a reasonable manner. Would you work for an hourly rate of $5-7? If not, why do you expect artists to do so, though they do a highly qualified job they learned in years and that you can't do yourself?

Don't get me all wrong, I think that $40 is a fair price for b&w art by hobbyists or beginning professionals if it's done in 1-2 hours and I don't think you're someone who's trying to rip off artists. I just felt the urge to point this out because you sounded a bit as if you expected every good artist to work for a low rate just because there are a few who do so.
i think what he offered was possible until he said that the price should include
shipping. shipping alone could take the whole feee.
I can see where I came off like that. No, I don't mean to try to keep artists' prices down and I'm not looking for established folks, really.

It's just that any time someone posts a price on the forums, it seems like someone else has to tell them how much of an insult that price is.

To be fair, I've paid much, much more for established pieces. For the right artist who gave me a solid foundation as to why they should get better compensation, I'd likely listen and, depending on the art, agree.

And, no worries, you weren't rude at all. In fact, I appreciate the opinion and that you took the time to state it with solid thought. Thank you.
I totally understand your concern about complaints on the pricing. The whole thing about prices on dA is funny anyway. On the one hand there's plenty of artists here who offer commissions for a dollar or less and lots of people who are willing to take offers that include ridiculous amounts of work for nearly no compensation, on the other hand it sometimes seem to be the same people who complain about out how artists get exploited.

However, I'm glad you see it that way and thanks for your reply! I think a good way to legitimate the price you're willing to spend is stating you're not looking for established artists in the first place and that you understand quality art might be worth more, though you're only capable of spending this much. You know, artists like getting the feeling that their work is appreciated and might rather come up to you if you give them the impression that you really try to give them a reasonable compensation for their work :)
Hello there, i could give it a shot, check out my gallery and let me know [link]
Hi, I'm very interest, I have long time experience doing commissions as free-lance artist (traditional art, digital art, comic pages, illustrations, designs, etc), here're some examples of my work:

:

In case you want to contact me you can either drop a note or my email me at:
yuuko.kitten@gmail.com

Thank you
interested....
i am interested.
please take a bit your precious while and look my portfolio link and attachments .
[link]
[link]
[link]
[link]

Email me for more details : formulahq@yahoo.com.br