Details

Closed to new replies
November 20, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 3
:iconbobrox15:
bobrox15 Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012
I have a plushie I received a while back from a friend, unfortunately it's wearing out and in desperate need of repair. And I have absolutely no sewing ability whatsoever.

So I'm here to commission someone with sewing skills to help me make repairs. The plushie will be played with by a kid so stitching needs to be sturdy.

[link]

It's a rather large plushie, as you can see from the DVD next to it for comparison. The worst parts are a rip under one of the arms and at the seam of one of the legs. There's also stitching that came loose at the back of the neck and some of the stuffing needs replaced.

The face is fading and needs restored and there's a problem with fuzzballs covering much of the material, I'm wondering if there's a prevention method from this occuring. The Hood around her neck came loose and needs some restitching, if possible the hood needs completely replaced alltogether.

So my concerns are, How much will restoring this plushie cost? Would it be more cost effective to just commission a whole new one made? As for commissioning a new one, I can't go above 200$ (I know making a plushie that large can get a little pricey)

Preferably I'm looking for someone who can ship to and from Phoenix Arizona quickly.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconmay-eternal-moon:
may-eternal-moon Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Oh, what a surprise! It was me who made that plushie :( I'll send you a note
:iconbobrox15:
bobrox15 Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012
I was trying to find you but it said your account was deleted.
:iconmay-eternal-moon:
may-eternal-moon Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Yes, I have deleted my old account in DA, it was almost 2 years ago ^^; No prob though, I've replied your note :)
Add a Comment: