November 19, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 16

Seeking Traditional/Digital Artist for Holiday Gift

:iconcsphotosyracuse:
CSPhotoSyracuse Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Hello!

I am seeking an artist to hire for a Christmas Gift for my Fiance. I would like a "Family Portrait" of Myself, My Fiance, and my dog. Im not sure what style i would like - Either Traditional Art or Digital is fine. Must be High Quality as i will be printing it as an 11x14

Would like to keep the price UNDER $25

Please comment here with an example of your work, and a price, i will contact you if i am interested!

I will pay via Paypal after piece is complete (or we can work something else out.)

NOTE: we are a lesbian couple. Must be comfortable with drawing us. Thank you!

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconannsquare:
annsquare Featured By Owner Dec 20, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I am interested, please take a look through my gallery: [link]

If you have a specific idea in mind, I'd love to hear it and we can work out the prices after :thanks:
:iconredfieldsofnone:
RedFieldsOfNone Featured By Owner Dec 20, 2012  Student General Artist
Hello, I am interested in doing this piece for $25. Please look through my gallery to see if my stuff is up to snuff. :)
:icontextmixer:
textmixer Featured By Owner Dec 20, 2012
Hi!
For the price you ask I hope you're okay with a beginner artist?
Portraits I made: (the photos of the portraits are a bit edited with computer)
[link]
[link]
-I could draw (quite) realistic traditional b/w,
-on average size drawing paper
-I can take a photo up to 7 megapixels.

Quality depends on the photo you send me and the time I have to draw it.
I'm okay with 20 dollars:) But that includes there's a risk i'll totally fail drawing it, when of course you won't pay anything.
I have nothing against lesbians but no ''mature content'' please..
greets
:iconmarcoviana:
MarcoViana Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012
I have sent a note.
:iconangelam2011:
angelam2011 Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012
Hello. I am a realistic portrait artist. I can give you a traditional hand drawn pencil or pastel family portrait. For an 11x14 pencil I charge $60 and pastel I charge $75. I have lower prices on my site too for an 8x10 starting at $40. If you are interested let me know! Thanks.

Portraits by Angela
www.portraitsbyangela.gallereo.com
www.artwanted.com/angelamarie
:icongo-ccart:
go-ccart Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012   Digital Artist
Sounds great :meow: really sweet!
Please check out my gallery or Tumblr :iconilikeitplz:

Here's a few examples ~

$25 would be a standard price for 3 characters and a background. But if you want a simple background it will be a bit cheaper
:iconsamwdean:
samwdean Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I agree with some people here, for what you are asking (more so because you are asking high quality) I believe 25$ is way too low.
If you are interested in a great artist, I believe the price for something like that will start at 250$-300$ at least.

However, it's gonna be worth it.

This is a wedding gift he made for a friend of his, for example.

And some others of his work -

Thanks for your time!
:icondamorik:
Damorik Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012
I could try to do a pen and ink portrait with the words of your choice, let me know if you want more infomation
:iconkittycakez:
kittycakez Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Student Digital Artist
For $20-$25, I'll do it for you. :) I have a range of styles I can achieve and am surely interested in this job! :D
:iconartificialdesign:
artificialdesign Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
I guess you should read this [link]
:iconkika1983:
kika1983 Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012   General Artist
As all the other artists around said, the budget is way too low.Something with high quality, full color that is realistic too and includes 3 figures needs time to happen. If you need a traditional piece you should understand that the materials and shipping have a price of their own.
Now cause your idea for a gift like this is a good one, if you would like to go a little up with the price, for 40 USD i can make a quality pencil drawing /in black and white/. On paper.
Here some samples of my pencil work:

E-mail me at: kika1983@abv.bg
Kika
:iconcsphotosyracuse:
CSPhotoSyracuse Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Thank you both very much for your comments, i understand that it is a very low budget. Unfortunetly my Fiance is struggling with MS and most of our funds go towards her medical bills. I have had a couple excellent artists message me already and i look forward to seeing examples of others work. :)
:iconlucidcreations:
LucidCreations Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
I mean no offense, but artists, being that they do art for a living, also have to pay medical bills and afford stuff like that. It's not a hobby for most and that kind of pay is really low for a custom piece of art.

On that note, though, I hope you find someone who has some spare time and is willing to help you. =)
:iconkaiverta:
kaiverta Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
I know how that is. My mom has advanced AS and medical bills are a killer - but you pay them because you have to, because you love your family members and they need medicine.

Good luck again. :)
:iconazupantsu:
AzuPantsu Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012
I really would like to help but your budget is extremely low, especially considering its during the holiday rush.
You're asking for 2 people + a dog, even if we exclude the dog you're asking for someone to draw you guys for 12.50 a person...

You won't find many decent artists willing to work for that much.. you're pretty much asking people to work for a few dollars per hour.

Good luck nonetheless though!
:iconkaiverta:
kaiverta Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
Oh, I wish I could, but $25 is too low for what you're asking (for me, anyway).

Good luck with your artist search, though. There are plenty here. :)
Add a Comment: