Details

Closed to new replies
November 17, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 18
:iconmarkdau:
MarkDau Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012
I'm looking for a designer who is collaborative , clean, and has an eye for minute details like font kerning and pixel spacing.

I need a logo designed for my upcoming company, Madhaus. The simplified concept I have in mind is a modern, sort of sharp looking font, and solid triangles replacing both A's, perhaps in an accent color or even a sweet looking print. I want the triangles to serve as somewhat of a secondary logo, so they need to be strong enough to be able to stand alone. Also, I really can't get the image of the font being a sort of watered-down version of Metallica's rad font. (Watered down so it's more commercial/readable.)

I'm pretty easy to work with, I like cool people and strong design. My tastes gravitate strongly toward Microsoft's new "Metro" design principles, only more aggressive. Where Microsoft intends the design to take a backseat and be simple, I want this logo to really look... Well, bad-ass, futuristic... Sort of Sci-Fi.

Interested? I'm looking to spend around $50-80. E-mail me with some work to look at and we'll be in touch. :)

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconryanvogler:
RYANVOGLER Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Note sent.
:iconevergard:
evergard Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Check me out

[link]

Note me if interested
:iconhelochaz:
HeLoChaz Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
hi. :) im interested.. plz check my gallery :) [link] thanks
:iconmarx-man:
MARX-MAN Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012  Professional Artist
So what you are looking for is a typographer and not a logo designer.
MarkDau Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012
Well you're still designing an identity nevertheless. So, sort of pointless to be a jerk. ;)
"Well you're still designing an identity nevertheless. So, sort of pointless to be a jerk. ;)"
~MarkDau in Logo Design

An identity is a broad spectrum brand, which requires consistency throughout it's products including font choices, logo designs, colour schema, header types and embellishment. A logo, is merely one type of that brand and usually requires mere symbolism.
"I need a logo designed for my upcoming company, Madhaus. The simplified concept I have in mind is a modern, sort of sharp looking font, and solid triangles replacing both A's, perhaps in an accent color or even a sweet looking print. I want the triangles to serve as somewhat of a secondary logo, so they need to be strong enough to be able to stand alone. Also, I really can't get the image of the font being a sort of watered-down version of Metallica's rad font. (Watered down so it's more commercial/readable.)"
~MarkDau in Logo Design

A header is not a logo, whilst there may always be exceptions to this rule in some peoples eyes, for example; the Coca-Cola logo, logo's are generally should not be words.
There are reasons for this, for example: accidentally copying one of the millions of copyrighted fonts out there for one, especially post DMCA period.

When you say "modern" do you mean that we should base the logo on the modernist era (Roughly 1900-1960) or are you referring to contemporary styles (Present day).

"solid triangles should replace both A's", why just the A's? What part of solid triangles and clean lines speak any volume about Madhaus? What does the company do?

Is Madhaus some kind of play on Bauhaus and if so why have you made no reference to it.
"Well, bad-ass, futuristic... Sort of Sci-Fi."
~MarkDau in Logo Design

Sci-fi with triangles for A's... Like... www.seeklogo.com/images/S/Stargate_SG1-logo-C1CC4A4116-seeklogo.com.gif

There isn't enough information about the company or it's possible products to design a logo that encompasses it's purpose or identity.
You're really being a senseless, rude jerk. Why? What are you accomplishing by trolling my post? Go away.

I gave a general synopsis of what I was looking for, just so designers would be able to gauge if they wanted to work with me or not. I kept it brief because at this stage in the design process, I haven't actually selected a designer: thus, an in-depth description of what I am looking for isn't really necessary. This is preliminary work.

When I used the word "modern," I clearly meant current. As you clearly read, I referenced the future, so I think it's pretty obvious what I was going for with respect to that.
Actually, I am a professional and qualified multimedia designer who has designed logo types for a variety of successful businesses and I have been through this before with other people who insisted on getting a header made as a logo.

Please feel free to tell me, how your "logo" is going to fit in a 16px x 16px space when it is a word that needs to be read.

If you have to ask me "why does it need to fit in that space" then you will quickly learn why I design logos and you ask for headers thinking they are logos.
Frankly, it's slightly idiotic to pose questions like "why" based on such a vague post: the fact is, as you suggested, you know nothing about the company. So, it only makes sense that the nuances I brushed over seem senseless to you: you are judging something based purely on ignorance, to your own fault. Anyone with common sense would be able to recognize my brief description of the piece I'm commissioning was a courtesy, a way for me to concisely describe what I am looking for: not why, because at this stage when I'm just looking at various candidates, "why" isn't an issue to those individuals yet.

You are a pompous asshole. Have a nice day! :)
You want people to make you a header and your going to call it a logo, as a qualified multimedia designer, it is pretty clear to me that your pitch was for a typographer to make you a header.

I am sure there are plenty of people who would jump at the chance to make you a nice looking header, won't work as a fav-icon or an icon on an iPhone/android for an App your company has made but you go right ahead with your know-it-all name calling.

Of course what would a BA Honours, Multimedia Designer and Animator know about designing logo's for multimedia platforms... I must just be a "pompous asshole". :/
Add a Comment: