Deviant Login Shop  Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
November 16, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 28

Cover Artist Wanted: Steampunk/Wild West/Fantasy book - wrap around style.

:iconsammyhksmith:
SammyHKSmith Featured By Owner Nov 16, 2012
I'm posting on behalf of Kristell Ink - a science fiction and fantasy publisher. We're looking for a talented artist on our next project.

The book cover is steampunk, wild west and fantasy inspired. We love artists with depth, a range of styles and that something special!

Here's the blurb ....

A girl who has not only the power to heal, but the power to kill fights for her freedom.

Llew has a gift. Her body heals itself, but at the cost of those nearby.

In a country fearful of magic, freeing yourself from the hangman’s noose by wielding forbidden power brings its own dangers. After dying and coming back, Llew drops from the gallows into the hands of Jonas: the man carrying the knife with the power to kill her—permanently.

The last of his warrior race, Jonas is haunted by the memories of his loved ones. At his side, the cursed knife that took their lives acts as a cruel reminder of his pain. Jonas has learned the hard way that caring for others leads to their death.

Jealous of his half-brother’s celebrated strength and speed, Braph creates the device that gives him the power to perform any magic. But it needs fuel—the blood of a healer …

There is a basic design in mind for the front - we want the readers eyes to be drawn to certain things, so that when they then step back - they get the full picture. Top left - Braph in the distance. Top right - town and gallows. Bottom left - wilting/dying flowers. Bottom right - the focus on Jonas' knife.
Centre - Llew. To her right and set back slightly - Jonas.

The rear would be a woodland scene with a sun cutting through the trees.

Price is negotiable. Please post here or send me a message for more details.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconkty1:
kty1 Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Dear sirs

I am Katty Orellana, professional graphic design, illustration and animación2D. Visit my profile and find other links which you can see some samples of my work.
Also, you can make your no obligation consultation.

Greetings from Lima - Peru
thanks
:iconjoshcalloway:
JoshCalloway Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Would love to work on this project. Feel free to check out my work at [link]

:iconunc0nnected:
unc0nnected Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012
Hey there, funny enough we just finished a big commission for a Wild West / Steampunk project and it turned out beautifully. I would lov eto talk about your project in detail and get started on it while our artists are still hot from that last project. Feel free to head over to www.ironbellystudios.com and go through our portfolio, check out our past work and see what we are capable of :)
:iconxxfenrierxx:
XxFenrierxX Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
I’m interested, please check my portfolio for reference at:

[link]

Or my full gallery at:

[link]

My price rates are at my journal:

[link]

Pm me so we can talk about details, Thanks.
:iconata-ur-rehman:
Ata-Ur-Rehman Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Hi if this offer is still available, must look at my DA Gallery for my artworks details..

here is some of my artworks..

:iconjustmick:
JustMick Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Hey my name is Mick and here is my folio:
[link]
Email: mm.design@hotmail.co.uk
Thanks for your time
Mick
:iconkev19180:
kev19180 Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Your idea sounds pretty awesome. I can definitely work with that. Send me an email at kev19180@gmail.com and we can talk further.
Add a Comment: