November 15, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 18

Looking for Artist for FFVII Comic

:iconorionfantasy:
orionfantasy Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012  Student Writer
Hello everyone,

I am looking for someone who can work on a 31 page comic based on the world of Final Fantasy VII. You will be drawing canon and original characters.

There is violence in the comic so please be aware of that when applying. There are some pages that are in color (cover and six pages) the rest would be in black and white.

If interested, please post examples and how much you would charge for the whole project.

Thank you

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconnheblue:
Nheblue Featured By Owner Dec 18, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
Hi, I'm very interested, here is a link to my gallery: [link]
Thank you
:icondenba-kun:
Denba-kun Featured By Owner Dec 18, 2012   Digital Artist
Hello! I'm interested in this job.
Here's my info: [link]

Hope to hear from you! :)
:iconramstudios1:
ramstudios1 Featured By Owner Dec 18, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
I would love to work with you on something like this. I'm not as cheap as some of the artist have quoted on here but I dedicate 10 to 12 hours per page so I cannot afford to be. I generally charge $50.00 per page for pencils and $75.00 per page for black and white. I am also very realistic with deadlines. I have been published multiple times with independent comics so I can work well with someone else vision. Thank you and good luck with your project!

Robert A. Marzullo
Ram Studios
:iconabstractamit:
abstractamit Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012
Hi,
Myself Amit, the director of Crimzon Studio. we are working in the creative media since a while now and have a good experienced and hardworking team who are experts in all related arts.here is the link to our website for comics
[link]
and for more of our other works
[link]
We are very much interested to work on your project and continue a good work relation.
Thnxx & Regards.
Amit.

Pencils 30$-35$
inks 15$-20$
colors 25$-30$
This rates are negotiable depending on the requirement of artwork.
:iconchiryogatito:
chiryogatito Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012
[link] i would love to do a good fight with ff7 characters, specially if it involves cloud´s sword, i wont charge less than 40 box per page and at least 20 more for the colored ones, ill give everything to those pages though
:iconkika1983:
kika1983 Featured By Owner Nov 16, 2012   General Artist
Hello, i'm interested in your offer.Here some samples of my work:

For single black and white page i'll charge you 50EUR.
For single full color page- 70EUR.
The price for the cover will be 90EUR.
So for the whole project my price is 1065EUR. / 25black and white pages , digital black and white with shading+ 5 full color pages+ 1 cover in full color/
I work with Paypal.
E-mail me at: kika1983@abv.bg
Kika
:iconmad-sniper:
Mad-Sniper Featured By Owner Nov 16, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Hey there! I have 8 years in comic making experience (check out my webcomic here: [link]), and would really enjoy working on your project. Here are a few examples of my work:
[link] [link]
My rate is $50 per black and white page (or $25 if just pencils) and $70 per colored page. Please send me a note if you're interested!

Thanks!
:iconrobekka:
robekka Featured By Owner Nov 16, 2012
being a lifetime fan of FFVII, we are very interested, please check our gallery.
we can do you a sketch for sample if necessary. please drop us an email at service.robekka@gmail.com for further discussion.
:icondarkvanessalust:
DarkVanessaLusT Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012
Hello! I`m freelancer artist with long experience. I did more that 500 commissions and external designs.

Please take a look to my art:

[link]

-Also I`m available for Manga/comics projects:

*If you request me more that 15 pages you get an special discount*

Contact me via private note or a my emai:

vanu_sama@yahoo.com.ar

Thanks and have a nice day!
:iconarifinsam:
arifinsam Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
i have sent you a note, thank you.
:iconmidnightsamurai:
MidnightSamurai Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012
160 for 31 pages? reallly, don't you need to eat and wear clothing amongst other things?
what about art suplies or internet connection, do you get those for free?
because only if you do i can understand you offering such a price for 31 pages of comic art.
:iconlily5432:
Lily5432 Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012  Student Digital Artist
I already worked on 4 pages for a Yuffie & Vincent Fanclub. I'm not sure about drawing violent action scenes though, I never actually really tried.
As for the price, 31 pages is a lot, but they are in black in white ( Main part of it at least ) so I don't know. Making it 5 dollars a page and letting the colored ones for the same price I guess I could go around 160$...but I never use paypal and such so I'd need a little help with that.

Please note that I'm quite busy with school though.
Here are the pages I made ( without colors since I didn't color them myself )
[link]
And here is an example of my a colored drawing of mine
[link]

Don't be shy and tell me if my style doesn't fit, I totally understand.
MidnightSamurai Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012
160 for 31 pages? reallly, don't you need to eat and wear clothing amongst other things?
what about art suplies or internet connection, do you get those for free?
because only if you do i can understand you offering such a price for 31 pages of comic art.
Lily5432 Featured By Owner Nov 16, 2012  Student Digital Artist
I'm not crazy, I do think about this kind of stuff.

I'm 18 years old and my mother pays most of my stuff even though she doesn't have a lot of money. Just this amount would be enough to 3 months of my bus card and thus give me more money for food. I'm to the point of being totaly broke and not really caring about I much I can get but I can't really find a job because I'm already exhausted from school and other real life problems.

As for art supplies I'm a digital artist so as long as I have photoshop already and a great tablet ( which I do ) there is no problem.

Plus, nobody even looks at my art comment it, even that little of promotion would be a great start for me.
This was also a price without counting coloring and backgrounds, which could make it go up to 200-300 dollars easily. But yeah, I probably would have gave up on the ' contract ' cause I'm already too exhausted from school and I still have a lot of late works in there too.

Thanks for caring though
MidnightSamurai Featured By Owner Nov 16, 2012
you think your story is different from the ones any of the rest of us have? a lot of people here have families to support, bills to pay, etc.
but they have gone through school and studied, they are better prepared for such a job. but the sheer amount of kids like you who think they have the right to throw work rates to the floor just to get some money for their needs is breaking them. i don't understand why bother to go to school if you are willing to work for rates that are crushing the industry you pretend to get into. do you think later it will be better?
how will it be better if you are getting people used to exxpecting ridiculous rates for work? do you think that is way of making a living?
and even if you area a digital artists don't you buy photoshop? silly question obviously you must have a bootleg copy or you wouldn't have answered that. but still was your computer free, does it consume no energy?
and if people don't look at your art sorry, but have you bothered to see what other people do around here? are you up to their stndards so you would deserve work in the industry? we all have problems. the economy is affecting everyone, but is not fair to take advantage by playing dirty against the rest. you are in a community and you should respect the rest.
it took me years before i started getting my first gigs, and i wasn't still in school, and obviously had better level than what you currently have. you need to improve your craft first and then try to get work.
you say you are tired from school. well most artists work around the clock just to get buy, you are awfully wrong if you think it's easy, and if you find school hard, you should focus more on it and avoid getting distracted with other stuff.
:iconshellpresto:
shellpresto Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
Dude, lay off her. Every artist goes through a period of trying to figure out what their art is worth, and if she's lowballing, yeah, that sucks for the rest of us, but that's her choice.

Everyone has problems. It's the way the world works. Is your art really good? Yeah. Should you be paid a fair rate for it? Yeah. But we live in a global and free economy, and if college students and others want to do it cheaper and break their back, that's their right.

Just stand by your rate for the job you do, and if you're priced right, and your style is the right one, then you'll get the job. But don't publicly harass other artists. If she's just drawing to build up her experience, or have money for textbooks, etc., that's her right. If her prices mean you can't find enough work to support your family, pay your bills, etc., then you either need to step up your game or find another way to make money -- and I'm talking about that from my own experience with debt and my own lackluster luck with finding work in my degree's field.

Sometimes life sucks. Don't make it suck more for everyone else by harassing them about it, man.
Lily5432 Featured By Owner Nov 16, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Oh...because you live in my head?
You think I THINK this is easy? You think I'm not working my ass off to try and get better ? Yes, I may be doing things wrong, but I was in no way disrespectful to you or anyone in here.

First week of school, I cried because I saw the talents the other students had. It's a private school ( which I had to make agreements with my bank to go to ) and if get too many grades under 80% they expulse me. I had to force myself to get through it, but I did like it. If I didn't I would have dropped instantly. I know how I am and I don't need anyone to tell me. Please, understand that I wasn't really willing to take this job, since I have no time for it. I was just kind of searching for an opinion on my art, the wrong way I admit. I pisses me off that someone talks to me like a kid that doesn't know anything in the industry she's aiming for. I DO know this isn't an easy industry, I'm not a little daydreamer that thinks money, talent and jobs grow in trees.

If I'm tired, it's just of ALL the stuff that's bumping in my face since my fathers death in 2009. I won't get in the details in here because it's quite personnal, but my family is pretty fucked up and I DO know I'm not the only one having a life that sucks, but - just including money - imagine paying 2 rents, food, bus cards and other essentials with 800 dollars a month. I'm not thinking as myself as the center of the earth if that's what you though, I'm just thinking of ways to maybe help my poor mom that's a nurse of 25 years experience but can't seem to find a job because hospital leaders are now business mans that only think about getting more money.

I was stupid, I admit it.
Sorry about that. But who am I to want to have a better life? A FREAKIN' HUMAN.
:iconprimalmakoto:
PrimalMakoto Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
note sent. thanks,
Add a Comment: