Front cover art for Regency Historical Romance $150-$200

SPECIAL REQUEST - if you send a note, please use "REGENCY ROMANCE" as your subject. I have several different offers posting over the next week, so I need to know which one you are applying for.

PROJECT: full color, tasteful front cover art for a Regency period historical romance targeting adult women.

PAYMENT: payment is in the range of $150-200, depending on the final specs agreed upon – detailed background or not, typography or not, and so on. In addition, a bonus clause is included in our contract (if the book sells well, the artist could receive an extra bonus payment that doubles the initial fee for the cover art.)

STYLE and CONTENT: We are open to traditional painting, mixed media, photomanipulation etc. The cover will feature a fully clad male and female character, dressed in Regency style. A horse / horses and carriage could be included if the artist wishes.

HOW TO APPLY: Please post here in the forum and/or send me a note including your name and e-mail address. Please use "REGENCY ROMANCE" as the subject and provide links to your gallery and any images that seem especially relevant.

APPLICATIONS CLOSE ON: Friday 23 November at midnight GMT. As long as your note or post is received before that time, your work will be considered.

WE ARE: a newly established independent transmedia publisher operated by a team with extensive experience in the publishing industry. This is our third offer on DA. We hired Michael Brack for our first project, and will be finalizing our second hire next week. We will be posting at least ten more projects over the coming months.

SELECTION PROCESS: I will post an acknowledgement/thanks here or send a note once I have reviewed your portfolio. Artists who are shortlisted will be notified and kept informed as my team makes its decision. I will announce our final choice in my journal.

Thank you for your interest and for your patience - it may take me a while to review every portfolio.
Comments42
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
UPDATE **** APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED ***** UPDATE **** APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED *****

I hope everyone Stateside had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I held this project open a little longer, over the holidays, since I took time off to feed the family.

I will be reviewing all portfolios this week and will be in touch with everyone soon. Thank you for your patience!
Hello,
this project seems to be very amazing and I'm interested.
Here is my Gallery: [link]
And here you can find my website: www.celairen.com
I have sent a note.
I just became a member of Devianart. Haven't uploaded anything as of yet.

Check out realistic samples(pastels)@
[link]

PURSES FOR SALE
Hello!

Please take a look at my some of my works here [link]
Looking forward for your reply

Thank you!
Hi! I am a full-time illustrator and have created covers for several independent writers. You can check out my entire gallery here: [link]

Please take a look and if you like my work, I would be interested in hearing more. Feel free to Note me or email me at brian_brinlee@yahoo.com

Thanks!
-Brian

Hey,
I'm interested in your project.

My name is Alex and i'm an aspiring digital illustrator.
Here is a link to my portfolio: [link]
There you'd be able to find a small cv and some of my recent works.

Best Regards,
Alex.
Hi, I am a realistic portrait artist and illustrator. I would love to illustrate your cover. Please take a look at my work to see if my style works.

Portraits by Angela
www.portraitsbyangela.gallereo.com
www.artwanted.com/angelamarie
Hi Angela,

Your portrait work is charming. Not quite the right stylistic fit for this project, but thank you for your interest.
Thank you - I've replied by note.
i didn't receive any note :(
Thanks for letting me know - I've sent my note again.
Hi, I am really interested~
Here are some example of my works.

And here is my gallary link:
[link]
Send me a note if you like my works
:-)
Thank you. Your style is not quite right for this project, but I appreciate your interest.
No worries. Thank you for letting me know.
Hello,
This projects sounds really interesting and I would like to apply for it.nI've worked with printing companies before and as a graphic design student I could make a clear approach to the final cover product.

Here I leave you some examples of my works

And here you have a link to my portfolio [link] and my gallery [link]

Thank you for your time.
- Himi
I'm interested. Feel free to note me here on dA if you like my work.
I do a lot of different styles and subjects - and never afraid to try new stuff.
Below is included some of my best and more recent work, both sfw and nsfw.

I have exsperience from regular online commissions through dA and other sites.
But I have also worked as an illustrator for a couple of book publishers in Denmark, where I live.

All my art is digital. Paypal payment preferred.

Regular time and price info:
Note sent. Thanks!
Thank you - I replied by note.