Shop More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
November 14, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 15

Translator needed: Two days work: French to English (written)

:iconnidhi-rathish:
nidhi-rathish Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012
Hello deviants,

I need a translator to translate documents in French to English. There is a good amount of talented writers on deviantart and I am hoping to tap into that. Deviant should be able to write in both languages.

Google Translate should be exercised as just an aid and not the only tool for conversion.

Prospective hires will be given a call to test their command of the French language. Please indicate in your replies- where you are from, how long you have been speaking/writing French and English, your local phone number, how many pages per day/per hour you can do in the coming two days & your rates etc.

I need this done in two days (starting from now). So please respond only if you are available.

Please don't send me notes- I will not look at them. Please only respond here. Thank you!

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

nidhi-rathish Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012
Hello,
Thank you for all for your replies! Wow you guys are all so talented! I find it hard to just keep a good command of ONE language!
Unfortunately, we hired someone already. Thank you for your interest though. I hope that someday we can work together in the future.
Thanks and good luck everyone!
-Nidhi
:iconunhealthy-addictions:
I need a translator to translate documents in French to English. There is a good amount of talented writers on deviantart and I am hoping to tap into that. Deviant should be able to write in both languages.

J'ai besoin d'un traducteur pour traduire des documents du Français à l'Anglais. Il y a un bon nombre d’écrivain talentueux sur Deviantart et j'espère puiser dans cette ressource. Les Deviants devraient être capable d'écrire dans l'une ou l'autre des langues.

Quick example on the spot . My 1st language is French and I have been writing and speaking in English since I was a child. Translating is often more then a word for word job. The need to grasp the language and it's subtleties is essential.
I am interested note me if it's still available.
Sorry this position is filled. Thank you for your interest!
:iconunhealthy-addictions:
UnhealthY-AdDictionS Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012
lol
:iconultyzarus:
Ultyzarus Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Hi, I am a student in translation. Unfortunately I don't do French to English, but the other way around, but I just thought I should give you some advice when hiring a translator ;)
Translators are paid by the word, you should pay somewhere between 0.20$ and 0.30$ per word (count from original text), depending on the translator's experience (so maybe even more)
Being fluent in both language does not necessarily make a good translator, so look for someone with at least minimal experience. Generally speaking, it is better that the translator's first language is the one the text will be translated into ;)
:iconbinoched:
Binoched Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012  Professional
I am a native English speaker, fluent in French and very experienced with writing in both languages/translating (PhD). $18/hour. The amount of time per page would depend entirely on the density of the writing (how many words per page?) and the nature of the language used.
:iconmourkhayn:
Mourkhayn Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Hi,

I am a native French speaker. I worked for two years in Los Angeles, for the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs (as scientific liaison officer) and have been living in Australia for the past year.
I am available in the coming two days and can translate about 60 pages in this amount of time.

Feel free to note me with any question you may have.
Sincerely,
Thomas
nidhi-rathish Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012
Note sent.
Add a Comment: