Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
November 13, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 9

Concept artist/illustrator for Science Fiction Novel, opportunity for real industry experience

:icontm285:
tm285 Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012
I have recently been contacted by a few students looking for experience in the industry and thought I would offer this opportunity to a few more people.

I am currently writing a post-apocalyptic novel set in the future, where swarms of primitive alien creatures have taken over the planet following devastating meteor strikes. The great majority of it is set in a new settlement built around the Tower of London, the London Underground and within the streets of London itself. It also contains a rough spacecraft.

If you would like to read my book and do some work for it in your spare time, perhaps add to your portfolio and gain some real world experience I am happy to send you over what has been written so far, it it around 70% finished. Although I can't pay you I must keep the rights to any work you produce in direct relation to my book for legal reasons, but you can use them in your portfolios, share them with your friends and submit them for any University work you are assigned. You may benefit when I approach publishers as all art work will be shown to them and you may be picked to do paid work for the front and back cover and be kept on their roster for science fiction illustration. Just a heads up though I probably will not be approaching publishers until next year.

Looking forward to hearing from you all,

Taran Matharu

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconigreeny:
igreeny Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012
create me lots of stuff if you want exposure but i cant pay = oh yea that sound like reall life expireinece that can be trasnlated on "BEND OVER"
tm285 Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012
I'm a student with no budget, just offering some collaboration chill out, it's a take it or leave it offer..
:iconlong-pham:
Long-Pham Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
+++
also @ jmringuet, I am just trying to give aspiring artists and students a chance for some exposure and to add to their portfolios, if they are going to be creating art anyway then its an opportunity that they can take or leave...
Sorry, I'm new, I will move it.
:iconkokoro-aoi:
Kokoro-Aoi Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Student General Artist
Hi, If this isnt a paid job it goes in the proyect fourum
In this one you may not have the same result.
any way your book sounds kind of fun so Id like to hear more
:iconfriendlyhand:
FriendlyHand Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Hi,

Unpaid work and profit sharing work belong in the Projects sub-forum. You can contact a moderator here: [link] or here: [link] to move this thread for you.

-FH
:iconjmringuet:
jmringuet Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
It's a real good deal 'work for nothing and give me all the rights'. Would you do this yourself? Would you write something for free and give all the right to a stranger in the hope you can get exposure? I'm sure not.
:iconstormandy:
StormAndy Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012
"Although I can't pay you" This forum is for paid positions only. Unpaid positions belong in the projects forum.
Add a Comment: