Closed to new replies
November 11, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 22

$50 for novel cover art. Must submitted by 11/12 at 3pm CST

:iconarchie0072011:
archie0072011 Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012
I will pay $50 via paypal for cover art for my new novel. Please use the links at the bottom of this page for examples and provide your artist rendition of the scene in the pictures. It should be like someone just cleared the treeline and sees the tree with the lake and sky filling the majority of the background.

Dark, emotional, ominous, all a plus, but I am open to your interpretation.

A sketch will determine who I select, but the final work MUST be done in color, to specifications provided so that it will fit the cover template. It must all be done within a week, so promptness in response to this post with your sample is a plus.

Submissions later than 3pm CST on Monday, November 12th WILL NOT be considered.

None of these terms are negotiable. Send your sketch to archie0072011@hotmail.com

The greater the detail in the sketch, the greater weight your submission will have.

Samples

[link]

or

[link]

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconmichaelsyrigos:
MichaelSyrigos Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012
Forget about this guy, maybe shoves his head up the cow's rear end before he decides to buy the meat.

It's the artists we should be coaching to not be exploited this way.
:iconpuppy-dangerous:
puppy-dangerous Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012  Professional Artisan Crafter
You're asking people to do work for you without getting paid. That's not the proper way to conduct business.
:iconheavycat:
heavycat Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
This is a contest. Projects forum is that way --->
:icondigitalmake:
DigitalMake Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Hello,
i am interested in the job offered.
will like to introduce myself , i am a professional digital artist ,
I am currently working as fulltime freelance digital artist here as i have
just lost my job. i hope i can earn some little amount from here till i get
a new job. please support me by commission me. thank you.

I am holding a promotion of 3 artwork and you will get a free one on any of the catalog.

The following is the example of work i have done latest.

This is the Video Reviews of my latest commissioner.

[link]
[link]
[link]

Please contact me at digitalmake@hotmail.com or note me here for more detail of my service.
THANK YOU.

Regards,
DIGITALMAKE
:iconmoofactory:
moofactory Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012
y u n read
the position has been filled
:iconlucidcreations:
LucidCreations Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Portfolios are to determine who to select, not free sketches. If you don't like what you see in a portfolio, don't hire an artist. If you do, then you invest in getting what you want out of that artist.

Imagine if we had to do a free sketch for every client - we'd lose thousands of dollars' worth of time doing that when they could simply look at what we've already done.

Aside from the fact that your 50$ price is low for something you're potentially going to make money off of and the typical price for a book cover is 250$+, asking for a free sketch on top of that price is pretty nuts. :/

Do you ask a hooker for a free "test run" before you hire her for sex? Or do you pick her based on how she looks? ;)
doesn't matter, while you got upset, someone sent me a sketch i like. this isn't up for debate
:iconodomi2:
Odomi2 Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
Nobodyīs upset. But itīs true that for a person that gets the job, there can be from 10 to 100 who donīt. What makes from 10 to 100 useless works, a big loss of time.
I donīt see the point of making a sketch if you arenīt considering me, nor even know my work.
That really sounds like a contest.
You filled the position... well both the artist and you were lucky, but this is not how it uses to be.
:iconlucidcreations:
LucidCreations Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
I'm not upset. If I got upset over every cheap ass coming into these forums asking for way too much for way too little, my hair would be grey and I'd be taking blood pressure medication.

Actually, I'd probably be the Hulk. And then I probably wouldn't draw for a living, I would SMASH. :)

Just trying to help educate some people. Whether it works or not is up to the thickness of skulls.
Add a Comment: