Closed to new replies
November 11, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 33

Looking for a digital collorist

:icondeath-tendency:
Death-Tendency Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I'm looking for someone who is willing to color a few linearts I did. I'd be willing to pay up to $3 for every picture (it would be 3-4 pictures)
Doesn't have to be realistic coloring :)

The linearts would look a lot like this -which is also one of the pictures I'd want colored

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconfotoclipping-design:
fotoclipping-Design Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Interested. Note sent
:icondotlineshape:
dotlineshape Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
hello! I'm interested
Here's my examples of my work
hope it's what you are looking for:

Please note or email : garisliar@gmail.com if you're interested
Very lovely artwork, but I already found someone to do this for me :) if I ever need help with coloration again I will keep you in mind
:icondigitalmake:
DigitalMake Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Hello,
i am interested in the job offered.
will like to introduce myself , i am a professional digital artist ,
I am currently working as fulltime freelance digital artist here as i have
just lost my job. i hope i can earn some little amount from here till i get
a new job. please support me by commission me. thank you.

I am holding a promotion of 3 artwork and you will get a free one on any of the catalog.

The following is the example of work i have done latest.

This is the Video Reviews of my latest commissioner.

[link]
[link]
[link]

Please contact me at digitalmake@hotmail.com or note me here for more detail of my service.
THANK YOU.

Regards,
DIGITALMAKE
Wow that is amazing art... it's rather degrading to offer you a mere few dollars... and I already have someone else but I will need a lot more help in the near future and now that i finally have a job, I can give more money
So by the time I get my first paycheck I'll hopefully have some more lineart for creature concepts done and I'll commission you to color them :) We could probably work out $10-$15 for every piece and you can do 3-5 for me.
Best of luck in finding a new job though, I'll keep my fingers crossed :)
:iconwhothefuckisrembroo:
WhotheFuckisRemBroo Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012  Professional General Artist
Oh! Is great being an artist!
You have jobs offers that make you laugh every day!
It keeps you healthy!
:iconmechanicold:
Mechanicold Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012
Right? We'd have to be crazy not to take these offers! After all, people in other countries are doing just fine living on five dollars a week, it's totally doable! The client is always right, and we artists are just greedy and trying to bleed them of their hard earned wages. How dare we not draw or paint for them high resolution highly detailed works of art for cheap! Madness, I tell you.
If it's going to be that low, why don't you just take it over to the projects forum? There are people there willing to do it for free. Three dollars per piece really isn't a fair price at all for an artist.
I believe that lies in the eyes of the one who gets the money really... I realize it's not very high and I'd more than likely throw in more money if I'm really happy with the outcome, but I don't think asking people to do it for free would be fair even if I already do the lineart and concept of the creatures and if I could I'd offer more money but i can;t at the moment...
but like I said, I'd probably double if not triple it for every picture -which still isn't a lot but it's a start- until I get all my bills paid and Christmas presents and all that... I think I just chose the wrong time of year to do this lol :)
But there are still 156 more pictures I need to do and I just wanted a little tiny bit of help to get some more done quicker, so no doubt once I do another 30 I'll need more help and hopefully by then I have a stable income and can pay a more appropriate amount... but if people are willing to do it, I will not deny them the 'pocket money' -I can't really call it anything else-
It's fair if you post it in the Projects Forum, that's what it's there for, some people want to do work for fun or practice, and don't don't mind working for free or working for points. If you can't afford it at the moment and really don't feel comfortable with requesting free services, then you should wait until you save up more money. Do you need this done right away, and for a specific project?

The other artists are upset here, and justifiably so, because it isn't fair to them. It doesn't matter that you can't afford it, the posted price isn't enough for anyone. By doing this, it's pretty much telling people that you really don't value the time and effort that an artist puts into their work, and that you don't even have faith in your own work to want to commission someone who charges a reasonable amount and would do a spectacular job on it.

There is a forum for people trying to advertise their services for money. Why not check there and ask some of the artists there if they'd like to color your drawings for less than five dollars.

Oh, and I worked this out earlier:
Assuming that minimum wage is somewhere around $7.25 an hour, that's about 12 cents a minute. If you want someone to color in just one piece for $3, that amounts to 25 minutes of work. It usually takes longer than that to color in a drawing with highlights, shades, and other details.
Add a Comment: