Details

Closed to new replies
November 7, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 148

COVER ART DYSTOPIAN YA NOVEL ( YOUNG WOMAN and BACKGROUND ) $175-$300

:iconjennmgk:
We contracted Michael Brack ([link])for our previous DA offer, and applications are now open for our next project.

PROJECT: full color wraparound cover art for a dystopian novel for young people aged 14 and over. Both print and eBook editions will feature the cover. Typography is not required, however if you have experience in book cover typography, let us know.

PAYMENT: payment is in the range of $175-$300, depending on the final specs agreed upon detailed background or not, typography or not, and so on. In addition, a bonus clause is included in our contract (if the book sells well, the artist could receive an extra bonus payment of $200, over and above the fee for the cover art.)

STORY: 16-year-old Damia, lives in an Orwellian society where she is being groomed for one of the most symbolic and powerful positions in the land. Stuck in a heavily guarded white palace and unable to lead a normal life, she wonders if she will ever meet a boy or have her first kiss. When Damia falls for a young man she can never have, she finds herself in a dangerous political game that could cost both their lives.

STYLE: We are open to any style featuring a young woman and juxtaposing themes of innocence and danger - traditional paintings, mixed media, photomanipulations etc. Iconographic art concepts will also be considered.

HOW TO APPLY: Please post here in the forum and/or send me a note including your name and e-mail address. Provide links to your gallery and any images that seem especially relevant.

APPLICATIONS CLOSE ON: Tuesday 13 November at midnight GMT. As long as your note or post is received before that time, your work will be considered.

WE ARE: a newly established independent transmedia publisher operated by a team with extensive experience in the publishing industry. We anticipate hiring for at least ten more projects over the next few months.

SELECTION PROCESS: I will post an acknowledgement/thanks here or send a note once I have reviewed your portfolio. Artists who are shortlisted will be notified and kept informed as my team makes its decision. I will announce our final choice in my journal.

Thank you for your interest and for your patience - it may take me a while to review every portfolio.

Jenn

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconagerskovart:
I'm interested. Feel free to note me here on dA if you like my work.
I do a lot of different styles and subjects - and never afraid to try new stuff.
Below is included some of my best and more recent work, both sfw and nsfw.

I have exsperience from regular online commissions through dA and other sites.
But I have also worked as an illustrator for a couple of book publishers in Denmark, where I live.

All my art is digital. Paypal payment preferred.

Regular time and price info:
Applications closed for this offer on 13 November (see my note below), but thank you for your interest.
:iconangelarizza:
AngelaRizza Nov 14, 2012  Professional General Artist
Hello, if you're looking for a classical fantasy look, please check out my work!
[link]
[link]
Applications closed for this offer on 13 November (see my note below), but thank you for your interest.
UPDATE *** UPDATE *** APPLICATIONS ARE CLOSED

This offer is now closed. I am still reviewing portfolios for all who applied, and responding to all notes. Over 180 talented artists applied, so it's taking some time to get back to all of you. Thank you for your patience!
:iconlastsiren:
Lastsiren Nov 12, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Hello, Im interested. www.lastsiren.com send me a note or email to megan@lastsiren.com
Thank you. Your style is not the right fit for this project, but I appreciate your interest.
:icondigitalmake:
DigitalMake Nov 12, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Hello,
i am interested in your offer.
will like to introduce myself , i am a professional digital artist ,
I am currently working as fulltime freelance digital artist here as i have
just lost my job. i hope i can earn some little amount from here till i get
a new job. please support me by commission me. thank you.

I am holding a promotion of 3 artwork and you will get a free one on any of the catalog.

The following is the example of work i have done latest.

This is the Video Reviews of my latest commissioner.

[link]
[link]
[link]

Please contact me at digitalmake@hotmail.com or note me here for more detail of my service.
THANK YOU.

Regards,
DIGITALMAKE
Your style is not the right fit for this project, but thank you for your interest.
:iconkabazu:
Kabazu Nov 12, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Hi, i think that i can do a good job with this, note me if you are interested :)

Add a Comment: