New Company Logo - contest

Hi, this is Federico
I'm the owner of a new company named Novus, we create software,hardware and innovative apps for mobile, smartphones, tablet etc.

We are just starting our company as a "garage" company so we won't offer a huge prize.

WHAT DO WE OFFER?

We are willing to pay 10$ and to put "Logo&Graphics by...." in all our products credits. ( we will transfer the money to a paypal/credit card account when we pick the logo that we like and that we will use on all our products ).
If no logo will be used, the contest will stay open.

WHAT ARE WE ASKING?

We want a simple, impressive, minimal logo.
Do not use more than 5 colors, less colors is fine ( one color is fine too ).
If possible we would love the logo to fit in a "imaginary" square ( so possibly avoid logos that are developed in lenght or height )

NOVUS means new, news, innovation in latin. we create innovative products in software, hardware and mobile applications. So we leave the rest to your creativity
Comments13
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
how about the logo ? is there anyone make it ?
btw, i wanna try to make it better :)
A contest and a $10 price!! awesome.
This make my day....ok no
I almost cried for God letting this opportunitty come to my life.
Contests belong in the Projects forum
project even if we are willing to pay? so how should i do?
Also, read the guidelines, this goes to projects.

"you have a contest (even if money can be won). This includes "speculative work", wherein multiple people submit work, but only one gets paid."
You're willing to pay 10$ (symbolic payment at best), also, the very first definition of job is "rewarded effort", and you're asking people to put an effort for a reward that might or might not come.

What you should do, if you're lucky enough to get someone to open photoshop for 10$ (I know I wouldn't), is to ask for bids, check the portfolios of the people who bid and then pick one and give him the job, so you don't waste the time of those you don't pick.
Hello, I am very interested in designing your logo I have one question about the requirements, what do you mean by imaginary square? Are you wanting it to be more square in stature?
ok i try my best to explain. think of google or Facebook logos, they are developed in length, so we can say they are in an imaginary rectangle. now thing of apple or microsoft logo, they are in an imaginary square... hope i made sense :)
Ah, yeah that helped quite a bit. Thanks! I'll give it a shot. ^^