50 characters for 250.00 - plus promotion of the artist!

My goal is to create a card game, and I am looking at 50 unique characters.

My price range is 5.00 to 10.00 USA, however, I prefer to be within the 5.00 range with copyright to myself. Thus, at 5.00 for 50.00 this would be a commission of 250.00.

The unique characters are from the public domain. EG: Cinderalla, with a twist (The Diamond Princess)

In this Cinderalla, I picked Mystique's dress and the Diamond Texture of Emma Frost.

In addition, I am fine with the artist promoting his/her work for promotion. I also would like how the process was
done step by step as a tutorial like on dragoart.com art.

This would be on webcomicuniverse.com (my site) which has news feeds, a superhero maker (in flash - for thouse who can not draw).
The card game will also promote the artist.

1) This is Mystique's Dress:

[link]

2) Emma Frost Body Texture (not on face though) - looking for a beautiful face!!
[link]

Interested in this type of face and body Style:

[link]

Final Product (Cinderella, The Diamond Princess) - note this was from a fiverr artist that since left the site

[link]

The goal for the artist, as a test is to create a new Cinderella, The Diamond princess in their own.

I have posted this before, just wanted it be more clear - to recap:

1) original Art (full color character) 50 characters at 5.00 each for a commission of 250.00 US (Potential for 10.00 but not preferred)
2) All Copyright transferred to me (webcomicUniverse.com)
3) Inadditional, (another positive aspect) Art drawn step by step to show disadvantaged children how to draw and motivate them (displayed on webcomicuniverse).
This is similar to dragoart.com, but with a charity aspect.
4) You as the artist, can promote this work however you want including your own websites etc. When the card game is produced your name will be included.

Please read, and advise that you agree to all of this stating "I agree".

Thanks

Fizul
WebcomicUniverse.com
Comments207
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
if you're still looking you could try [link]
her, she does 5$ a char art, in a comic style.
Not really wanting to jump on the "rant-athon" band wagon but I'd just like to say. You (@ the thread creator) keep saying you don't mean to insult and this is for those who really need it / draw because they want to. And people from other less developed countries.

I take insult at the fact that you feel just because a person is from a less developed country that, that means they should be happy with these kind of offers as they will "help"

I come from a 3rd world country and even though our currency is 10x weaker than yours. What you're suggesting is 3+ weeks of 12hours a day (fat chance on having that kind of time for a hobby as you seem to feel that this is the type of person who should be accepting this offer) at that rate for 3+ weeks... doesn't even cover what we consider minimum wage here.

Please, I kindly ask that if you're going to make comments about other countries and what we would consider good pay / an amount that would help us. Read up. We're worth good pay just as much as the rest of the world. Even if the currency conversion seems to make it "more" for us.

Ciao ~

@the others (seriously) looking for more jobs than here or craigslist, maybe try elance.com
"5.00 range with copyright to myself."
For people who usually charge $15- $500 per picture for the kind of art you are looking for, this is a TERRIBLE deal for the artist, especially when you are wanting to make a TCG... Artists for TCG usually get a portion of the revenue generated VIA the TCG as well as a MUCH higher base commission price.
5.00 range with copyright to myself.

That's quite the awful deal for the artist who makes the drawing.
If you want both a well-made drawing and the copyright to the piece, you'd easily be looking at prices of $250 and up per piece.
Hello,
i am interested in the job offered.
will like to introduce myself , i am a professional digital artist ,
I am currently working as fulltime freelance digital artist here as i have
just lost my job. i hope i can earn some little amount from here till i get
a new job. please support me by commission me. thank you.

I am holding a promotion of 3 artwork and you will get a free one on any of the catalog.

The following is the example of work i have done latest.

This is the Video Reviews of my latest commissioner.

[link]
[link]
[link]

Please contact me at digitalmake@hotmail.com or note me here for more detail of my service.
THANK YOU.

Regards,
DIGITALMAKE
DO you realize the amount of work that is going to be going into 50 quality paintings. Thats at least a year of doing 1 painting a week(a week is quick considering doing an original painting)not no garbage style anime drawing with colored pencils. A good quality painting. You should rethink the 50 images and focus on less, till you get more funding to actaully pay an artist a far wage for doing that amount of work while still releasing the rights to their work to you. FOr that price you wont find any quality artist willing to do that amount of work for next to nothing.
A suggestion:

- Use the $250 budget to commission five trading card illustrations

- Use those illustrations to promote your project and raise funds using Kickstarter or a similar service

- If the project receives funding...
a) you have the marketing chops to successfully promote your product
b) the idea is financially viable, making a large-scale investment less of a gamble
c) you can afford to pay your artist(s) a living wage without affecting your personal bank account
d) you will have the beginnings of a dedicated following in your Kickstarter backers

- If the project does not receive funding...
a) you know that your idea needs to be retooled in order to better appeal to your target audience
b) you have five stunning pieces of art that can be used for the next go
+ 1 this.

I said kickstarter previously and he just seemed to snub his nose at the idea.
If he was serious about this working that's exactly how he should do it.

But he won't... and this will fail.
He will get someone to do it, just not an artist. But that's what is great about these kinda people - they don't know what art is. They look at a stick figure drawing and think it's AMAZING!

And meanwhile, real artists like ourselves go hungry...
No shit lol, the other day a dude called me insane because my price was 100 bucks for a huge landscape with tons of detail (that includes 2 castles, horses, every single flower detailed and god knows what else..) He was ready to pay max up to 30$ because he thought that "illustration is the comedy of art and does not deserve more". I would rather fucking eat myself and die - literary, then work for an idiot like that. Expecting quality for a lowball price and then dissing the type of art that he is so "desperately in need of". Fucking hypocrites and slave lords.
I wouldn't give them too much thought. Those kind of people are idiots and should be treated as such.
The most annoying fact is that he asked personally to commission me, when he heard the price his attitude changed and i was like lol.. these kind of people exist?? real...
Unfortunately, that's what we have to put up with... :/
It doesnt matter how many times we tell him is wrong, it wont change anything. He is going to hide behind his own excuses.
Unless he made the 50 drawings himself, he will never realize how much work goes into making these things.
Opps mistake

I agree but

"The goal for the artist, as a test is to create a new Cinderella, The Diamond princess in their own."

What do you mean by a TEST? Does it mean you require a sample as free ? Why don't you ask for a portfolio that explains artist's skills?

And the style you're looking for -- is western style, same as the link above, or other type would work? (ex:: more realistic coloring, semi-realism, etc.)
I agree, but

The goal for the artist, as a test is to create a new Cinderella, The Diamond princess in their own.
R u serious? god, u want a slave move to 300 years ago.
If you can't afford to pay a reasonable rate, you probably shouldn't be trying to own a company or be self-employed.

Hiring people for way, way too little is exactly why our economy is shitting on itself in the first place - our companies outsource to India, where they have little children make us shoes for 2 cents per hour. You don't feel that is exploitation? Are you okay with paying people way too little because they are desperate for money and you can't afford to pay them? You seem like a nice person but you are obviously confused. I can tell you don't mean harm.

Just put yourself in our shoes. What do you do for a living? Whatever it is, imagine your boss came to you one day and said "You're fired. I'm moving the company to India so I can get the same amount of work done for 1/20th the price. Good luck!" Frustrating, right? It's the same to us. And if I were a foreign artist, I would also be offended. They should be making more than minimum wage - they're professionals.

My suggestion, since you like to help, is to save up plenty of your own money until you're ready to invest a realistic amount in what you want to do. Put small amounts of money aside until you have what you need. If you can't wait, then offer the artist a percentage of profits. At least then you are offering them the possibility of something more and an incentive to work for so little.

Hope that helps without being aggressive. :)
I wish DA had "like" buttons like facebook.
Right now, I am glad DA does not have these buttons!
Sorry for saying this, but giving only 5-10 dollars for an artwork, plus owning the copyrights for yourself, I think is a big no, at least for me.
If it was a simple commision, yes, sure.
But if it is a big project like this, you need to offer more than that my friend.
Hi, I'm interested.
Here, some sketches:

If you want it colored. I can do it in two ways.
Simple Shades for 7,00 US

Or this kind of shade for 10,00:
Must admit, you are amazing!