August 28, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 74

Looking for Comic Book artists for tickle torture comic books

:iconagency-publishing:
Agency-Publishing Featured By Owner Aug 28, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
How's that for an unusual subject?

My name is Oblesklk, I own Agency Publishing. Our website is at [link]. We've been publishing tickle torture comic books for over a decade now. Sound odd? It is indeed, but it's also kind of fun. After all, name another niche where the main characters laugh so much.

At any rate, onto business.

We're always on the lookout for new talent. And established talent. We're looking for pencilers, inkers, and colorists to add to our staff. We have several comic book lines available for sale that will continue for some time, and we're always looking to open up new comics if we can find sufficient talent to produce them. That's where you come in.

Here are the general guidelines/notes:

1. We are looking for artists that can depict sexy women. We want artists that have spent their entire artistic lives perfecting the art of drawing the female form. From every angle, body type, and position. That obsession may pay off handsomely for you.

2. What is sexy, given #1 above? It's in the eye of the beholder, right? For the most part, sure. It's also in the eye of our customers. They will dictate what sexy is by either purchasing the issue if it is, or passing if it's not. So for my point of view, I have two examples of very different style that I find sexy for very different reasons. First, I really like J.Scott Campbell's ability to draw the female form. He can do this better than anyone I've ever seen. With that in mind, you can probably surmise I'm looking for examples of characters in your portfolio that have strong personalities, strong curves, and are strong willed. On the other end of the spectrum, I think Disney produces sexy female characters for almost the opposite reason. The simple, sweet, youthful, innocent nature of their characters also has a strong appeal. Do you have your own definition of sexy? Proceed to #3.

3. Interested in applying? Please provide 4-6 examples/links of sexy female characters from your portfolio/gallery. If you wish, you can just provide a link to your gallery or just say 'interested' in the reply, but expect us to spend about as much time on your response as you did if this is the route you choose. We are interested in passionate artists that are passionate about their projects. Help us by either posting thumbnails to images you want to specifically call to our attention (because hey, it shows us you are detail oriented enough to read job guidelines) or set up links to specific examples in your reply that show us what you want us to see.

4. We're not looking for manga/anime styles right now.

5. Deadlines are negotiable for each project, but there are monetary penalties for missing them once they're set.

6. There are no exclusivity clauses in our contracts. As long as you're meeting deadlines, we highly encourage you to work on as many projects as you're able to handle so you continue to grow and do that artistic fulfillment thing everyone's raving about.

7. We're not just looking for good, we're looking for amazing. Choose your submissions well because you have about 2 seconds to cause a visceral reaction from your work. A lack of this reaction in the viewer (in this case me), and your submission will unfortunately be passed up.

8. Yes, this is a paying gig. I probably should've made that clear long ago. Our rates are based on how amazing your portfolio is, how amazing your test submission is (no need for tests at this stage in the game, we'll worry about that over private communication if the time comes), and how well you can negotiate. As with all things in life, we have budgets for our productions, and you have a valuation on your time. If those two variables happen to intersect, great!

9. Most of our comics are 11-14 pages in length, including a cover and pinup.

10. There is nudity in some of the books. There are never genital shots. We're a kinder, gentler adult production house (we're definitey softcore, never hardcore). But there will be T&A. Literally and figuratively.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconc21:
C21 Featured By Owner Sep 11, 2012  Professional General Artist
Hello Oblesklk,

This is a great offer, and one that I would most definitely love to be a part of. I truly enjoy drawing women in all kinds of poses and states of dress/undress. Here are a couple of my pieces:

I love drawing comics and this sounds like such a great prospect.

Best,
Agency-Publishing Featured By Owner Sep 11, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Note sent.
:iconsorcererlance:
SorcererLance Featured By Owner Sep 10, 2012  Student Filmographer
I may as well apply, I've attended the Art Institute for three years and I've done my fair share of tickle art and also comics.

[link] [link] [link]

I mainly specialize with anthros, but I'm also capable of drawing humans if desired.

[link] [link] [link]
Agency-Publishing Featured By Owner Sep 10, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Note sent.
:iconmoochirin:
Moochirin Featured By Owner Sep 8, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Hi! Unfortunatly my style is anime/manga,but I'll try to post some examples anyway.
Agency-Publishing Featured By Owner Sep 8, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Note sent.
:iconyurihausen:
Yurihausen Featured By Owner Sep 8, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
I've been a fan of your publications for a long time.

Perhaps there is room for CG in your stable? Even if the answer is no, take a minute to check out my gallery when you get a chance.

This opportunity seems amazing to me. Thank you for your time. :)
Agency-Publishing Featured By Owner Sep 8, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Will send a note in a minute.
:iconhazef:
HAZEF Featured By Owner Sep 3, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
I am interested in your proposal I would like to see my work.
I am renewing my gallery, so you will see little for now.
I hope your answer

www.hazef.daportfolio.com
Agency-Publishing Featured By Owner Sep 3, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Note sent.
Add a Comment: