Details

Closed to new replies
May 4, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 8

The Nerdery: Comic book artist wanted for bronze age comic book creation

:iconhillaryheinz:
The Nerdery, an interactive development company and home to over 300+ Nerds, is looking to collaborate with stellar comic book talent. This is the kind of once-in-a-lifetime-unique-opportunity that would make Stan Lee smile and Jack Kirby scream. We’re looking for a sequential comic artist or team with a love of aging newsprint and blurry off-set printing. You’re an ideal candidate if you think the Modern age is all well and good, but the bronze age of comics is where your heart lies. If you make good with the pencils and ink and secretly live in the era of Seamonkey ads and Olympic Prizes for Cash, get in touch. We’d love to talk.

Requirements:
Experience illustrating and inking comic book panels, colorist experience, a plus
Ability to develop a story visually with storyboarding
Adores creating artwork that has a bronze age style (70’s to mid 80’s)
Have a portfolio of prior paneled artwork
Work from the comfort of your studio, but connect with a team of marketing Nerds at our Minneapolis headquarters or on Skype.

Bonus:
Experience with comic writing, including dialogue
Experience working with a client/publisher
Experience with lettering

Compensation based on experience

Apply: [link]

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconmanekineko11:
ManekiNeko11 May 6, 2012  Professional General Artist
Hi, I'm very interest, I have long time experience doing commissions of every type on dA (traditional art, digital art, comic pages, illustrations, designs, etc), here're some examples of my work:

In case you want to contact me you can either drop a note or my email me at:
yuuko.kitten@gmail.com

Thank you
:iconmichaelharris:
Take a look at my gallery.
:iconrobekka:
Greetings,

My name's Aaron Liu from Robekka Art Studio. I just saw your thread which we are very interested.
Please take a few minutes to have a look at our site, robekka.deviantart.com or www.robekka.com. We've worked on a number of mangas and comics before.
We have an established team and can provide stable and reliable art support to your project. We also have quicker turnaround than individuals. We can start the work right away.
We can do you a sketches for sample if necessary.

Please feel free to contact me if you are interested in our service.

Thank you & looking forward to your response.

Sincerely,

Aaron
:iconcastortroy3497:
castortroy3497 May 4, 2012  Professional General Artist
Sent you a note. Kindly check. Have a good one!
:iconmsalaza:
my artist CARLOS PAUL
Art by Carlos Paul:

The Avengers: Kree-Skrull War, Captain America story (Marvel)

Masquerade#1-3 (Dynamic Forces)

Project SuperPowers #1- 6 (Dynamic Forces)

Dark Keepers ( Alias) # 01

Dungeons_&_Dragons # 01 -04

The Madhouse
links:
[link]
thanks
casaqueviti@gmail.com
:iconjeanblansa:
jeanblansa May 4, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
I am available and interested on the asigment ... =)
PENCILS:

INKS:

COLORING PROCESS:

:iconweremole:
weremole May 4, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Right timeframe but wrong country, let me know if you want a Go Nagai or Shoutaro Ishinomori riff sometimes. I do love me some Kirby and Steranko, don't get me wrong but I'm not really playing in their ballcourt in terms of expression. Mainly popping in and saying it (whatever it is) sounds like a cool project.

A link to my portfolio can be found in my signature anyhow.

-Daniel Olsén
:iconmorphinesoup:
morphinesoup May 4, 2012
You'v caught my heart already with that dude, there's an archive of my old work here [link] but it's probably not what you're looking for at the moment. I'm working on sharpening my skills, I would like to be affiliated with this any way I can, because it sounds frickin awesome. Let me know if there's any way I can help out

Cheers,

Sinan Icoglu
Add a Comment: