COMIC BOOK COLORIST NEEDED: $50-75/$250-300

Hello, I’m looking for a comic book colorist. This project would have 3 parts.

1. I need a single page colored. (I already have the inks done—you can see the inks and script here): [link] . I anticipate the page-rate would come out to somewhere between $50-75 plus tip but I’d like to work the financial details with you after seeing your portfolio and, if you’d like, a sample panel. Please e-mail me at bmckenzie05@gmail.com if you're interested. (PLEASE DO NOT SEND PRIVATE MESSAGES ON DEVIANTART-- I CANNOT READ THEM).

2. If I’m confident in the result from #1, I will need at least another four pages colored for a submission sample in late January/early February. I can provide a script for these pages, but the short version is that they include a car-bomb, a house and a few people—aside from the car-bomb, nothing out of the ordinary.

3. If we get published, there will be many more pages to color. (Every unsolicited script is a long shot, but my website [link] has had 200,000 readers, so I’m probably an above-average writer). I anticipate that this will be a 32-page comic, but the publisher might decide to publish at 28 or 24. So, given that six of the pages would already be colored, we’d be looking at probably around 20-25 more pages for issue 1. There may be subsequent issues.

Some miscellaneous notes.

--You would need to be available to color up to 32 pages an issue in case this gets published.

--This comic is an action-comedy on the border between PG/PG-13, roughly as violent as Spiderman. Fighting and action sequences are fairly common, but gore is not. No sexual themes.

--The two main characters are an accountant and a mutant alligator, kind of like a Calvin and Hobbes duo. (Or, to use a comic book analogy, maybe like Casey Jones and Raphael from TMNT, minus the competence). You would need to be comfortable coloring a lot of tweed suits, briefcases, trenchcoats, scales & claws, explosions and a bit of military weaponry.

--Although this is a superhero comic, there will not be very many complex costumes to color—the style of dress is more like Men in Black or the Matrix than Ironman or Spiderman.

--I’m looking for a realistic, slightly bright coloring style. It’s a comedy!

--Payment through Paypal. Half upfront, half on delivery. (Theft should not be a concern here. If your art is good enough to use, I want you on my team!)

If you have any other questions, please contact me by emailing me at bmckenzie05@gmail.com . PLEASE DO NOT SEND ME A PRIVATE MESSAGE ON DEVIANTART. I CANNOT OPEN THEM. When you e-mail me, please include a link to your portfolio.

Thanks for your time.

Yours,

B. McKenzie
Comments18
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
interested, please take a look at my gallery [link]
email sent,please kindly check it.
thanks.
Im interested please check my gallery for reference at:

[link]

Pm me so we can talk about price an details Thaks.
I have a friend who may be willing to do the job.
Hello,

I am writing to you in regards to the Comic book colorist position. Please check out my gallery site for various samples of my color work.

[link]

I would really love the opportunity to work on this project. Please contact me through Deviant Art or th email address on my profile page if you wish to talk further or send out high resolution pictures for me to try out. Thank you for your time and attention and I hope to hear from you soon.

Rob Beachler
hey check my gallery if you have some free time
I'm interested.
Check my gallery (colored ones folder) for examples of my work. Send me a message if u want to cooperate.
I'm interested. Since I don't have any sequential samples I'd be glad to colour a sample panel.
E-mail sent!
hope you contact me.
Interested as well, if still open.

My gallery for style and coloring style -> [link]
If you like what you see, please send ma e Note and I'll be more than happy to work with you. :)
Hi threre kindly our website [link] if it suits for the job your looking for , if interested kindly drop me a note or email me directly to deveraster@gmail.com, Hope to hear from you soon
Thanks
Mark
Email sent. :)
Hi! I'm also interested!
Interested, take a look to my gallery and style:

[link]