We are so Getting there - MODELS

Comments173
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Okay -

the votes are in and the suggestions made

I have no way to close of the other threads but this is the one i will respond to

I have decided we are only going two levels down - if there is a need later to go deeper we can deal with it

This is a big change so bear with me

i really liked some of the new suggestions and have added to it to help keep the gallery professional

I would be interested to hear comments of the costume/theme vs Whole body shots ?

if it is confusing then i might take it away but i like it - and was an answer to a probem i was dealing with

............. so

....Models
...............Children
.......................Girls
.......................Boys
...............Men
.......................Theme and Costumes
.......................Full Body
.......................Heads
.......................Anatomy
.......................Nude
...............Women
...............Groups
...............Low Res and Snapshots
...............Miscellaneous
i like the new structure, but agree that the themes/costumes can be entered as keywords... almost all of my theme/costume pics are full body, and that's where i'd submit them.
:w00t: no more eyes in macro!
lol . right . no more macro eyes (unless .. well .. you could do a macro of an eye but it would not be just an eye )
but.......um....oh I've been wondering about this (off topic completley) do transvestites go under men or women?
lol - well .. i know a transvestite and they would want to under the catagory of the sex they feel like they are - a man who wants /dresses and acts like a women would go under women ..

or they could always go under misc (grin)
:D so I suppose oibyd was right about the pictures of her husband, made me wonder those did.
misc might be good for some other shots I've seen though, i think they were ACTUALLY women but...it was hard to see any humanoid features at all so it's a stretch.
Just wondering something my Poohy-Goodness... will there ever be a multiple upload process for stock b/c that is the main reason I havent gotten most of mine up that is on my computers... I really need to just grow some patience and an attention span probably though... lol
it's a good suggestion and i will certainly ask .. IT (behind the scenes) seems busy . we make our request via Moonbeam13 and then she trys .. i think what you are saying would be a great idea (i've seen sites like that)
:clap: Yay, I had a good idea! :dance: only happens once a year, lol

Yeah, I think that the stocks would be larger (especially for those on dial up) if they could do multiple uploads because it would be the same amount of time uploading but so much less in the other fields... that and we wouldnt be forgetting what we just submitted or what catagory we put it in when we go to upload the 20th one individually ;) :boogie: Good Idea, did you hear that everyone... this is a brilliant man...

Love thy Poohiness
Hey Radio... just wondering if there is a proposed date as to when these categories are going to go into effect
i have to work that out with $ ... i'm hoping in a week or two .. is that okay
Yeah, I was just wondering
(validates your parking ticket)
Lots of great suggestions here and in the disussions.

You can't please all the people all the time. Especially not with categorisation - whatever you choose there will be the chance of two confliciting categories.

You need to please two groups, and make life simple for them:

a) Stockists need to quickly understand which category to upload to. And it should be relatively painless to find it.

b) Stock users need to have useful browsing approaches that find them what they want.

. . . and of course you need to achieve all this in the rather imperfect world of DA's category and gallery systems.

Could I suggest you try a few "Card Sorts" on your proposed categories, based on the many suggestions here, and with volunteer users drawn from both types of user. Card Sorts are a great way of identifying problems and testing workable categories for content.

"Card Sort" description: [link]
how are action pictures such as people diving/riding/jumping fitting in?
at this time .. in full body shots .. that was discussed for a while and we nixed -
I think that we maybe should start a new forum dealing with the needs and wants of the people who use our stock.

Their opinions on how to find the stock and so on.

Because if they can't find what they need with the new catagories we're going to have then there's going to be a problem.

A serious problem.

Also, there are a lot of good ideas on this forum so there should maybe be a new one covering the ideas/wants/concerns of the artists here in the topic.

That way if anyone else has any suggestions beyond the ones already stated (like before) they should comment.

Also, this forum is getting quite long.
that's not a bad idea .. let me get through the catagory thingy .. and i am getting ready to move on to the next revision .. thank you
You're quite welcome and thank you for doing such a wonderful job with the stock gallery!
The people that use stock only come here when they are looking for something. So maybe if there was a photomanipulation forum that this could be posted in
thats a good idea :nod:
Would it be possible to add a checkbox in the other categories of the gallery for people who want to post in the art section, but also want their art to be available for stock? I mean adding a "can be used for stock" checkbox, so people could submit their art in any section they want if they consider it art photography, but also want them to be available for stock.