2017 music

Hey, so I've been kinda busy with work and I'm still listening to a lot of overlooked 2016 albums, but what are we all listening to in regards to new 2017 music?  I need some recommendations and as soon as I get some time to listen I'll be sharing my favorites here as well.

Additionally, this thread can exist for upcoming music events, such as concerts you may attend this year, or if you're a musician yourself, it can be a chance for you to brag about a cool show that you're playing.  :#1:

As for me, I've been playing bass guitar in a band called Smother Party and we're hoping to play some shows soon.  The band played one show last January, before I joined.  We play art punk with post-hardcore and noise rock influences.  We're eager to jam around town and shit.

What's your jam, DAMusicForum? B-) (Cool) 
Comments230
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
mm , awesome song of 2017 
www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_ub7E…
too good at goodbyes , amazing one 
holy crap, Quicksand released a new album:  youtu.be/aZolvSFlnEw
Fun garage rock/punk by a band called Flat Worms.  Vocals sound like the band Ought.  :#1:

textmerecords.bandcamp.com/tra…
You can also download the appropriate ringtone here: Iphone ringtone
Paramore's "After Laughter". It got me back into them after hating that self-titled album.
Greta Van Fleet -- new band with a classic rock sound. Check out Safari Song and Highway Tune...

soundcloud.com/gretavanfleet/s…
Almost forgot about this one: I came across this EP by El Blanco Nino called "30" that's pretty neat.  It's got a bunch of atmospheric footwork tunes on it.

soundcloud.com/bl-nco/sets/30a
Mick Jenkins dropped a stop-gap EP called "or more; the anxious", and it's pretty neat.  Definitely has a late 90's underground vibe to it like that Armand Hammer tape did, though Mick's shit has a jazzier vibe to it.
soundcloud.com/mickjenkins/set…

Yves Tumor dropped a mixtape a couple of months back to celebrate getting signed to Warp Records.  It's disappeared off Soundcloud, but someone threw it on YouTube.  It's pretty neat too.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=siYhE5…

70th Street Carlos & WNC Whop Bezzy dropped a mixtape together a bit ago.  I haven't given it a full listen yet, but the tracks I've already heard ("Retarded N Dumb", "Trell") are fuckin' crazy.
www.spinrilla.com/mixtapes/dj-…

Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith had dropped a new album a little bit ago, but I kinda slept on it because I was caught up on that Kelela album.  Her album "The Kid" is pretty neat as well.  She's able to coax a lot of fascinating sounds out of her synthesizers.
kaitlynaureliasmith.bandcamp.c…
Vancouver Sleep Clinic released a pretty great debut album in April: www.youtube.com/playlist?list=…

nothing, nowhere killing it with his new album: www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrVe1f…

The Killers finally released a new album after the longest time: www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPgVjZ…

WILD recently released a great single: www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAiAxS…

Dashboard Confessional released a single and is gonna release an album next year, so get hyped: www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SANXN…

Waterparks released a single and is also releasing an album next year: www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8NSiH…

Starset outdoing themselves with a great album early in the year: www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCu5ci…

offering music for everyone :D maybe you'll find something you like
new mix by ANNA, previewing some of her new material:  www.mixcloud.com/tsugi/tsugi-p…
I KNOW ALOT OF PEOPLE HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR WHERE TO DOWNLOAD THIS ALBUM AND ARE OFTEN MET WITH SITE WHERE YOU HAVE TO COMPLETE SOME STUPID SURVEY TO DOWNLOAD    BUT TODAY I BRING GOOD NEW TO ALL YE WHO SEEK TO DOWNLOAD THE BADASS ALBUM OF THE YEAR.
Download Jaden Smith – SYRE: A Beautiful Confusion [ALBUM] mp3.

Stream And “Listen Zip Album Jaden Smith – SYRE: A Beautiful Confusion” Zip Download” 320kbps datafilehost Descarger Torrent CDQ Itunes Album Below.
Tracklist:
1. B
2. L
3. U
4. E
5. Breakfast
6. Hope
7. Falcon
8. Ninety
9. Lost Boy
10. Batman
11. Icon
12. Watch Me
13. Fallen
14. The Passion
15. George Jeff
16. Rapper
17. SYRE

There have been a pile of great albums this year -- my list would be long.

BUT: if I had to go with one -- the new Gary Numan album called Savage (Songs from a Broken World) is an absolute monster!!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHomCi…
Another new album from the Principe Discos crew:
DJ Lycox- Sonhos Pesadelos

It's a record that takes the modern kuduro sound and combines it with elements from across the dance music spectrum (deep house, rave, electro, etc.). 

I really fucking dig this album. The bonus tracks do feel a bit superfluous after how killer a closer "Solteiro" is, but that's typical of most bonus tracks anyway.
I don't think it's as good as Nidia's album from this year, but it's really damn close.
Mall Grab dropped a new EP recently.  While there may not be anything as memorable as "Guap" on it, it's still a solid start-to-finish listen that I'd recommend to anyone into deep house.
avarecords.bandcamp.com/album/…

Also I came across some stuff by a producer from France by the name of Sentimental Rave.  Her stuff is like a fucked up sounding mix of industrial & gabber (with some of the snottiness of gabber as well), and it's fascinating as hell to me.

This track stood out the most to me: 4am
Armand Hammer dropped a new record called "ROME."  If you're into the grimier side of NY indie rap (think shit like New York Reality Check 101 and Soundbombing, Vol. 1), you'll probably get a kick out of it.

armandhammer.bandcamp.com/albu…

Favorite Track: Tread Lightly
Spotlights latest album 'Seismic' is probably one of the most interesting post-metal releases in recent years. perfect combination of sludgy riffs and trippy effects/production. i forget where, but someone remarked on the shoegaze aspect. i don't know what they call this, no-gaze?

do yourself a favor, smoke up and listen:  spotlights.bandcamp.com/album/…
omniatl.bandcamp.com/track/aft…

Nice little follow-up from the ATL-based post-punk band Omni :#1:
Always a pleasure to hear a new Ty Segall recording :heart:

tysegall.bandcamp.com/track/al…
Been a while buuuuuuuut... LOOSIE TIME AGAIN

Ryuichi Sakamoto- Zure (Yves Tumor Obession Edit) soundcloud.com/milanrecords/ry…
MC Brisola- Prostituicao soundcloud.com/gr6-explode/mc-…
Ya Boy Big Choo- Halloween Beat soundcloud.com/yaboybigchoo/ya…
Keak Da Sneak- Kill It Again (ft. Dru Down) soundcloud.com/themekanix/kill…
foodman- (・ω・) soundcloud.com/shokuhin-maturi…
Kingdom- Down 4 Whatever (ft. SZA) (DJ J Heat Jersey Remix) soundcloud.com/fadetomind/d4we…
AceMulaPartyMusic- Make It Hot soundcloud.com/acemula908/make…
Warriors by Bad Cop, Bad Cop
Nai Palm (from Haitus Kaiyote) dropped a solo record.  It's alright for what's essentially an R&B jam session album.  A lot of stuff on it could've benefitted from trimming or more rounded-out songwriting, but the overall musical vibe of the record is neat.  It sounds down-to-earth bluesy the way some of Bill Withers' funkier 70's material did, but at the same time there are some angular sounding riffs that pop up.

Here are the tracks I recommend from it:

1. Crossfire/So Into You (original tune combined with a cover of Tamia's "So Into You") www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kSXik…
2. Have You Ever Been (To Electric Ladyland) (cover of Hendrix if you didn't already know) www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zewq68…
2. Darkstar/Pyramid Song/Breathing Underwater (yes it's medley comprised of David Bowie and Radiohead songs along with an original tune) www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6qrUr…
3. Borderline With My Atoms (completely original) www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eewd5s…