RIP Greg Lake

2 Days ago, Greg Lake from Emerson Lake and Palmer Died. The news of which just went on today, My favourite song of his is ''I Believe in Father Christmas''. And he died, just months after Emerson killed himself. What do you think? And what are your memories?
Comments7
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Cohen
Prince
Weiland
Bowie
Lake

Fuck you 2016.
Indeed, I think Emerson got depressed and killed himself because of Greg Lake's cancer, as well as stress from concerts.
Yeah this one got to me when I heard about it on the radio, especially coming right after Emerson's passing

Emerson, Lake and Palmer were essentially my introduction to prog-rock after I heard Tarkus back in high school
While I may not listen to ELP too much anymore, I've still got a soft spot for the stuff they did

That and Greg was one of hell of a vocalist

R.I.P.
Dammit, 2016 has been a terrible year for musical talent!  My favorite Prog band is almost gone!  I never got the chance to see them live, but have loved their music since I was a teen in the '80s.
I haven't listened to a lot of his work, I think the first ELP album is it actually. But I enjoyed that enough and want to get through some of their catalog (and the King Crimson debut of course).

R.I.P.
I'm in pretty much the same boat. First ELP album, Court of the Crimson King, Brain Salad Surgery and some of Works is the extent of my listening with Greg's work. Still, that's more enough to know that he was the real deal.