Scariest song you've heard?

Personally I think this black metal song is scary as fuck
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rf7glI…
Comments37
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
same as cod zombies 115Poke: free avvy song but the black metal at 0:01 has giving me the creeps kinda scaryMother of God Icon 
grommy sunday!
Any "satanic" song.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBCQLG…

Doesn't matter where. Doesn't matter when. If I hear this shit, my hair stands on end.
sweatshirt by jacob saggytits but in g major
Saiko by Aero Chord. But only when it is in the middle of the night cuz I play my music when I sleep.
PASSENGER OF SHIT - GLYKLALA

The only song that's ever made me legit throw up haha
That was interesting!
This used to scare me as a kid:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kzKfw…

Tbh this whole album was scary asf in it's own way.
"Don't go in there" by Midnight Syndicate

Couldn't find it on yt but even thought I absolutely love their music and horror songs in general it creeps me the hell out :(

And this one is pretty scary as well
youtu.be/lA5VuvrHQrY
Agitated Screams Of Maggots Unplugged by Dir En Grey.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsjIcK…

I used to have it as a ringtone. Thought it would be fun to have this playing out of nowhere on the bus, but I had a fit every time it started...

Good luck sleeping tonight!
Man I love that one. Scary as shit, but fantastic. Kyos vox are absolutely monstrous , I dont know how the guys pulls it off!
probably doesn't qualify as scary but
lapfoxtrax.com/track/animal-cr…
reminds me of an exorcism on a robot lmao
www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gQH1I…

Maybe not scary, but definitely send chills up my spine to this day.
Shadows by the Stranglers, along with the Giygas theme. Makes me cower in fear.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=96XuK5…

www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYb9kS…

They all use quite advanced effects, and I like both of them, a lot.
I always think of the Bartok and Ligeti pieces Kubrick used in "The Shining." I think that was my intro to both composers (tho I'm a bit more familiar w/Bartok). Specifically: youtu.be/l2OQbA3r78M http… Both have other pieces that evoke a similarly uneasy feeling. I think it's just a quality in Expressionist composition, which induces IDK a pleasant uneasiness?

Another piece that does it: youtu.be/Y1Psx24n3rM It's actually holy music, believe it or not, but there's something about the chorus of discordant-seeming voices that is scary to me. I love the piece, tho.

Apart from that: youtu.be/mzDvpT-MjYs and youtu.be/awVNCIjQq1A
i'm not sure which Ligeti pieces he used in The Shining, but the ones he used in 2001 are very unnerving.
The one I linked is the one. Ditto Bartok. I checked Wikipedia to make sure. I am pretty sure he uses both Ligeti and Bartok in other films as well, they seem to have been among his favorites.
Bleh, somebody beat me to mentioning Frankie Teardrop :P

Oh well, I know those too
www.youtube.com/watch?v=0U1rdc…
www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmmR9O…
www.youtube.com/watch?v=LON8oc…
and anything from Gnaw Their Tongues - All The Dread Magnificance of Perversity www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgqM9Q…

EDIT: forgot this www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYvPc4…
www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fJ0_u…

But I could say the whole "The Drift" album of Scott Walker is very scary. Often, when you don't expect it, appears a strange noise or sound and it can be startling.
Listen to it at night in the dark (the full album).

But I always listen them in a different order: Cossacks Are, Jesse, Clara, Cue, Jolson And Jones, Buzzers and then the others.
Scott Walker is a good mention for this thread. A sort of rawer and more acoustic/minimalistic version of NIN imo.