best guitar for a beginner?

(I would love to learn the drums but there's no where to put them, so I'm settling for what next interests me best !)

So I really love drawing and all- but I don't want to get burned out ! I'd really love another hobby in the arts, and I've always loved music.. so !
I'm totally new to musical instruments to bear with me-

I'd like something that's not totally amateur, so I wouldn't want to trade out for a while !
But nothing too professional / expensive, And acoustic for now.

If what I'm interested in playing matters, probably early 00's alternative songs.
Such as:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GftZD…

(also I hope it's okay to post this here - I have no other social media sites that actually have open forums like this so-)
Comments5
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
www.musiciansfriend.com/guitar…

^ That's the guitar I got in my freshman year, and will be taking into college next August. It's really really good. It's electric/acoustic too, so it gives ya a LOT of diversity and options for recording, if you ever want to. But tbh I never bought an amp for it, I just used it as an acoustic. ' v'
You beginner? Me too. I started somewhere 4-5 months ago. I can give you useful tips. :)
You can find pretty good guitars pretty cheap at pawn shops.  I got my Peavy bass from a pawn shop.  The thing I love about my bass is the fret board and the flexibility it gives me.
I would say learn a few basic chords, and you'll have the
basic structure of those types of songs.
Nirvana songs can be pretty easy to learn as well.
(I wish I would have kept practicing guitar
when I was younger)