Best punk band to you

So I've been listening to a lot of RVIVR and Iron Chic lately, but I mostly grew up listening to bands like Jawbreaker, Weezer, and Hum. I'm using "punk" loosely here if ya got some suggestions I am all about some great new bands!
Comments118
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
There's several which actually love, and it's all thanks to my dad's influence.

The Stranglers, they made several awesome songs like Peaches, No More Heroes, Nice N Sleazy, and are probably the only band you could call Prog Punk. www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pg2np3…

The Adolescents, they made Amoeba, which is such an awesome and catchy song, and it's in GTA V and Tony Hawks Pro Skater 3. www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddDgCD…

The Toy Dolls, one of their songs was in Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 and all of their songs are catchy. Including Fisticuffs in Frederick Street, Dig That Groove, A.Diamond and a punk version of Nellie the Elephant. www.youtube.com/watch?v=hw60q0…

NOFX, political punk group who made songs such as ''Kill all the white men'' and ''Don't call me white'' as well as ''Linoleum'' and ''Perfect Government 07''. They are a really massive influence on Frank Turner, who is one of my favourite artists, and is also quite political. www.youtube.com/watch?v=6axOY4…

Aiden, Hardcore Punk group who were involved in ''Scene'' and Emo, like My Chemical Romance and From First to Last, talking of which, Wil Francis the lead singer actually did hang out with Skrillex and Hayley Williams. It's in this picture.  66.media.tumblr.com/38c30f4e98… were my sister's favourite band. My sister also met Wil Francis. www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfPtrk…

Flogging Molly: Celtic Punk Group who are very similar to the Pogues, they made this really awesome song that was in THPS4 called Drunken Lullabies, as well as What's left of the flag. www.youtube.com/watch?v=89NjEe…

And no one can say the word Punk without the Sex Pistols and the Ramones, they were the Progenitors of Punk. But the Kinks I think were a massive influence on them.  www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbmWs6…  www.youtube.com/watch?v=iymtpe…

Anyways, that's my Punk Groups which I love.
Rudimentary Peni are pretty sweet.
I guess my favourite would probably be Bad Brains. Not many bands blend reggae with hardcore punk
Wingnut dishwashers union
The clash
The pogues
Misfits
I've been jamming with friends and shit lately and have been listening to this band called Lowercase

www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3fpLQ…
www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNU9rp…
OOO I  like these guys!
:heart:

Yeah man, I really love their style, because IMO it takes influences from two specific bands: Rodan- a 90s post-hardcore punk/math-rock/post-rock band from Louisville, Kentucky and Unwound- a 90s post-hardcore punk band from Olympia, Washington.

These bands are really influential to the music that I like to play.
Ramones
Nirvana
Dead Kennedys
> sex pistols
> MCR
> Green Day
> Blink 182
I think it would have to be G.B.H, Discharge, Exploited, Disorder, Broken Bones, Chaos U.K, Abrasive Wheels (sounds more like a heavy metal band name than a punk one), The Varukers, and One Way System. 
fuck yeah. definetly agree with all of them.
I would add Crass, the fear, AusRotten, UK subs and social distortion though
Also, what do you think of Terror? They're a hardcore punk band with somewhat strong metal influences, from Los Angeles or something, and their stuff is kick-ass. Check out 'I'm Only Stronger' if you dare to, if not, that's fine. I don't take things seriously, except in some situations.
pretty nice band. didnt know them before. like them
thx for the tip ;)
You shall be welcome anytime. ^^
Really that's what you consider 'Punk'?

No mention of the Sex Pistols, Ramones, Sousie and the banshees, the Stranglers or even Billy Bragg/Kirsty MacColl!
Well... So Jawbreaker considered themselves punk...but I guess to me punk is more of a feeling of "angst" than full on dirty "antiestablishment" I mean it's half about the music and half about the meaning of it... To me punk can be somewhat of  a vague concept. But I think it better suits the things I listen to I mean if I really wanted to get lengthy with the list I would be saying a crap ton of other bands. That's why I mentioned I was using the term "punk " loosely. I do like bands like Black Flag, Bad Religion , NOFX, Screeching Weasel, Guttermouth, Pezz, Tiltwheel, Lagwagon... it can go on forever. If your just talking about 80's Punk, well I mean the GOGO's were considered Punk then before they became big. Oh but then there is Iggy Pop who is a fucking god when it comes to punk rock...
Well punk was a concept that broke from the formulaic concept of an established ideal. I omit 'marketable' as Malcom McClaren took took the Pistols and created a marketable concept.

The same could be said of the Beatles, Monkees and Elvis...later Floyd, Led Zepplin, et al.

Punk: a view and/or perspective that epitomizes a cultural expression that does not conform to an idealized concept.

The great Rock and roll swindle, Led Zepp, Tommy, The Wall even Untitled (the uncut extended version of (look it up!)

REM, Nirvana, Catatonia, The Strangers, (Dave Gilmour's) Pink Floyd, David Bowie, even Skid row, GnR or Daft Pun all are punk realists.

Iggy, well he remains a rock artist and will do so with the stooges and his Bowie (Berlin) work...oh wasn't John Lennon part of that era?

Ultimately, The Velvet Underground, Bowie, Iggy, Ramones, Pistols, Stranglers, Blondie, Toyah, Sousie  soux....hell even Kermit the frog (he sang the rainbow song with Debbie Harry)

The best correlation of all these concepts can be found in the animated film Rock and Rule - Debbie, Lou, Iggy et al...look at what 'Nelvana' went on to do...the originators of Boba Fett!