What do you think when you hear "Mad World" by Gary Jules? [song art design Help].

Comment hidden
Comments9
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I hate this song because in my opinion it's only a cheap cover version. The original version is made by Tears For Fears, a much better band than Gary Jules (who?).
I basically think of what Girlfox said below. But most of the time, I can't take the song seriously.
I think of a song that's been completely overused.
I would suggest listening to the Jasmine Thompson version.

I see someone leaning against a bus window on a rainy day reflecting on a relationship.
I think "please shut up please shut up please shut up please shut up please shut up please shut up please shut up"
I think of a really depressed person standing outside in a monochrome setting.
That song is not by Gary Jules, it's a cover of Tears for Fears. :stare:

But regarding your project, any time you use lyrics or other content outside its original context like that, you are risking the audience not getting the reference. I'd say the lyrics are well known enough at this point where a lot of people will get it. As far as the art itself, that's kinda subjective. Focus on what the song is about and how it makes you feel, hope that the juxtaposition between that and the lyrics works.
Well like the video for it, I think of detachment. Being an emotionally detached observer to a world as melancholy as the lyrics describe.