Rock music is unhealthy?

Researchs says so. But I doubt it. I'm a fan of rock. It's a type of music that would make us think, isn't thinking good for us?
Comments56
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Those who make this claim... I don't think they've ever given a hard listen to Pink Floyd. Or Queen. Or any of the rock architects of decades past. Heck, even Iron Maiden (who get a bad rep for "Number of the Beast") does thought-provoking numbers and bone-chilling horrors like "Paschendale".
rock is for satanic people!!! the screams are demonic!!! y'all need jesus!!!11/

I hate people for this opinion.

I listen to Rock music, so therefore, I am satanic!
We seem to have traveled back to the 50s.
if we followed all the things all the researchers ever said, none of us would ever eat out of plastic or styrofoam, leave our house, drive cars, breath unfiltered air, drink unfiltered water, eat without washing our hands (but not with disinfectant too much or it'll stop working), eat anything that's even slightly burnt, walk barefoot, sleep for less than 8 hours, use the computer for more than an hour without taking a walk...

the list goes on and on. :3

we're all going to mess ourselves up and die. :D may as well live how you enjoy (as long as you're not killing people or anything crazy like that. :D

besides, I don't think rock music is unhealthy. it's hard to argue precisely because "rock" and "unhealthy" are pretty relative terms buuuuuuut. :D in the grand scheme of things. SOME people are addicted to crystal meth~
What is unhealthy is people trying to tell you what you should, and shouldn't listen to. If you like it that is all that matters.
Wherever you found that, it's complete bullshit. Rock N Roll actually inspires me, I come up with really awesome ideas because of it, I'm alive because of it, I am awesome because of it.. I think that Rock N Roll is the best genre out there, because most of the music actually comes from the heart and isn't talking about killing and guns and doesn't really discriminate against groups, but that's just me..
Some research says that Speedcore and Splittercore music kills braincells, but it hasn't done me any harm Altermind Eyepopping PillsStupid Me! Slow Crazy

When it comes to research, never believe it outright, not long ago, research showed that smoking was good for you, now look at what it says!
Rock music isn't good for you...............................if you're a pussy!
firstly what defines "rock"? 
There are several rock songs that are very bad, and don't have any thought or emotion behind them at all. And there are some that are works of absolute genius, that explore the human psyche. By saying "Rock" is bad, I can immediatly dispel this argument; because rock is such a broad term. it's almost impossible to say that any particular genre or troupe is bad or unhealthy, simply because there are too many different levels of effort, quality, and personal liking.

You could say that The Wall (pink floyd) for instance, is bad for your health because it can cause depression and other things (you'll understand if you listen). whereas some people find it to be a salvation and lesson. so really it all depends on the song/band and tastes of the listener.

But if i had to make an answer, i'd say that no it is not unhealthy. but as i just said it is not entirely accurate.

Thanks for reading.
Rock is like that

"Live fast, die young, leave a good looking corpse"
Rock On 
Unhealthy ? Why?

Is it beacause of the music itself? Is it too loud? Too rough?

Is it because of the lyrics?

Get it together researchers. What kind of job is that anyway... I wouldn't want to be a reSEARCHer. I'd rather be a reFINDder!  Ba-dum, CHING
I guess they mean the stage driving and mosh pits
Were the researchers fans of Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber? Those are the ones to produce unhealthy music, not the rockers.
Although I'm not a U2 fan, this is the bomb: meetville.com/images/quotes/Qu…
Why should it be? O.o Only reason I can think of is that going to many concerts could damage your hearing, but I doubt that Justin Bieber's concerts are more quiet... ;) 
Naw, I don't believe it's unhealthy.  Who paid these "researchers" anyways?
Rock music made me fat.
Was this research done in 1958?
Bullshit research is bullshit.
i love how every season people are so worried that bad entertainment will spoil their young ones, then time goes by and they pick on the new trending thing, notice that nothing happened and the cycle keeps repeating itself. Rock music, dubstep, doom, postal, GTA, Hatred.. it´s like nothing changes and the hate simply reflects popularity
I think that a 12 year old repeatedly and frequently, beating the shit out of random standbyers and regularily taking drugs, and visiting strip-clubs, isn't very good for mental health. Even if it is virtual.
sounds like fun actually lol
I'm just saying although i've got no problem with game like GTA (hell, i even play them) it is not very good for young children in particular to spend hours a day playing games where brutal murder and drugs are the norm. and also there isn't necessarily a problem with children playing it even but there is a large number of children who play these games for like 5 hours a day which i do think could be a bit unhealthy.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=RybNI0…; :lol:
anyways i guess you never got into WoW if 5 hours sounds like much ;P