Deathcore recs

I know it isn't for everyone, and close minded elitists will tell you it "isn't metal", but I'm a big fan of Deathcore, so does anyone have any recommendations? 

In particular I'm looking for blackened, symphonic, brutal or technical Deathcore bands, plus beatdown deathcore, and anything with slam influences. In fact, if anyone knows any good slam bands, link me them too!

Heres a short list of some of the more well-know bands I already like:

Ovid's Withering
Carnifex
Whitechapel
Acrania
Vulvodynia
Ingested
Betraying The Martyrs
Oceano
The Acacia Strain
Rings Of Saturn
Black Tongue
Through The Eyes Of The Dead
Chelsea Grin

Oh, and only a few links at a time please. I don't want a gigantic wall of 30 YouTube links that I'll never have time to listen to!  :horns:
Comments47
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Since this thread seems to still be alive(?) I'm gonna rec Make Them Suffer's latest, "Old Souls". It was much better than what I've anticipated. Sirens is also going to release an album real soon: sirensmetal.bandcamp.com/

And also, The Healing, if you haven't heard about them before: www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eK80K…

A band I'm currently checking out, Vitalism: www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aqy2yR…

And it seems that my old friend irl is going to start collecting physical cds(and possibly vinyls) as well. I'm really glad cuz of it :)
POSER! dethcore for pussipeplpe. real metal iz liek, not this at lest. :P
trve metul, liek BOTDF!!!1
liek OMG my fav band of al tiem!!!1!!1 also BVB and PTV, ther musc savved my life!!!
ATDR? more liek ADTR!!!!!1
You're right. I'm going to go and listen to some black metal that was recorded on a toaster in 1992 and only sold 4 copies to show how kvlt I am :XD:
XD Seriously though, if you enjoy some brutal stuff(that I haven't mentioned in my other post on your journal), you might like these:

> Wooden Stake - A Feast Of Virgin Souls razorbackrecords.bandcamp.com/…
I just love how brutal, erotic and controversial the cover is, and the music is fantastic.

> Makeria - The Ragnarok Prophecy theragnarokprophecy.bandcamp.c…
Maybe not deathcore, but still pretty damn good.

> Voice Of Ruin - Consumed voiceofruin.bandcamp.com/album…
More death metal with only some deathcore parts, but still pretty good. They also got an album which is called Morning Wood ;)
One of the few albums which I enjoy the remixes.

> Plague Upon The Ocean - Havarie (EP) plagueupontheocean.bandcamp.co…
More or less the only one that actually are deathcore(or at least the closest to it) on this list. But who cares? If you enjoy them, it doesn't matter what genre it is, but I do agree on the point that I failed miserably when it comes to suggesting deathcore :D

I hope that you will find some of them to your liking, which you probably will, since we have pretty similar tastes. I can come with a couple of more great bands, but I'm afraid that few, if any, of them are deathcore. And if you think that I link a lot from bandcamp, well, they got an enormous bunch of awesome albums and bands on that site.
Loving Wooden Stake, especially the vocals! The slight old school heavy metal edge makes it really stand out from other DM bands.

The Ragnarok Prophecy OK, but it didn't keep my interest for very long. Like, it's fairly good stuff, but I would only listen to 1 or 2 songs at a time.

Voice of Ruin are REALLY good. It took about 10 seconds for me to be convinced I like it!

Plague Upon the Ocean are really good too. Good, modern death metal, and then in came the old school DM influence. This is a great EP, thanks for the recommendations!

As for the Bandcamp thing, I link a lot there too. I've discovered more good bands there than I ever would with YouTube, and even listened to stuff I never would have given a chance before. It really is a fucking awesome website!

:horns:
Almost a full pot, good to hear that ^^

Personally, Youtube and Bandcamp is a tie for me. Youtube is a bit easier to find new stuff as well as more or less everything exists there, while bandcamp has both some nice features as well as that you can buy the album(or sometimes download it for free) directly on the site. I also like the appearence of bandcamp a bit more.

Have you maybe anything you could recommend? Because I'm plenty of months behind the scedule when it comes to the released stuff.
Yep, I have plenty of stuff to recommend you- but most of it isn't really that new. I've been a little behind with 2015 stuff as well, so I've only bought a handful of releases from this year too. Probably my favourite so far is Carach Angrens new album- but you probably knew about already, because they're fairly well known. So I'll just link some music I don't think you'll have heard.

:bulletblue:if you want simple, ultra brutal Deathcore with a million breakdowns, Oceanos new album is for you: www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QQcXY…

:bulletpurple:Irreversible Mechansim make some really great tech-death metal, with a few symphonic touches: blood-music.bandcamp.com/album…

:bulletred:Beyond Deviation have no official releases yet, but the vocals are so good I have to link them. Nastiest, sickest vocals I've ever heard: m.youtube.com/watch?v=DHwOEXi_…

:bulletorange:This one is a little different. Synthetic Flesh play really fast electronic music influenced by metal. It's really addictive! syntheticflesh.bandcamp.com

As always, Ive got more recs if you want them. Enjoy! :)
Damn! Was just going to rec Beyond Deviation :D
Holy shit, Beyond Deviation has the best vocals I've heard since Cattle Decap. 
View all replies
Ok, already knew The Red Chord, so that leaves three.

Embodyment are OK, but the vocals are a little poor. I think I can look past them though, the rest of that song was fairly good

Animosity are pretty good, but the thing that surprised me so much was their former members. Never realised both Ewan Brewer and Navene Koperweis played for them, both are supremely talented. Anyway, I'm gonna listen to more Animosity, cause that album is good stuff.

Black Sheep Wall is not for me. Interesting stuff, but I can't say I particularly enjoyed it.

Thank you for the recommendations! :)
Wouldn't say The Red Chord is death core. Black Sheep Wall are even less deathcore in my opinion.
Does A Black Rose Burial count as deathcore? Probably. It's at least experimental grindcore.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=oixHnS…

Other than that:
The Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza
Fall In Archaea
Medea Rising
War From A Harlots Mouth
Holyfuck, it's been forever since I've listened to A Black Rose Burial.
A Black Rose Burial is pretty damn good! They sound like a better iwrestledabearonce, I wonder if ABRB influence them?

the other two I didn't know were Fall In Archaea and Medea Rising. Fall In Archaea are quite good- I'll definitely revisit them later- I've written the name down so I won't forget!

Medea Rising are pretty generic, but then they throw in something interesting every now and then. The vocals aren't great, but I may give them another listen. They do get points for the pig squeals though.

Thanks for the recommendations :)
Have you heard Fallujah?
Actually, no. They're one of those bands I know a lot of people like, and I know I would probably like them too, Ive just never got around to listening to them.

So, any recommendations for their songs?
I've actually only heard one song from them but it's really good. A bit proggy.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wxdCd…
I've long wondered, what are the differences between deathcore and death metal, other than the former's greater emphasis on breakdowns? The only thing I can really think of is deathcore's use of metalcore song structures, but that's kind of a moot point because if metalcore never existed, but deathcore did, then it would just be considered another form of death metal.
That's kind of the point: if metalcore didn't exist, then deathcore wouldn't either. Because deathcore at its heart is still metalcore, not death metal.

The breakdowns, and the lack of metal riffing during those breakdowns, are a large part of it. Compare for example Suffocation www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6nrgl… with Carnifex www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjjhoQ…, two bands at about the same level of 'brutality'. In the former every riff is a metal riff, even during the breakdowns. The latter has small parts with riffs which sound remotely like death metal, but then a 'groovy' breakdown (which almost sounds like Korn) ruins the pace. The former sounds way more consistent to me than the latter.

To be fair, I'm not an expert on deathcore but I listened to some of the bands OP listed and frankly I don't hear much death metal in them. I have more trouble distinguishing some grindcore from brutal death metal.
So, what exactly defines a "metal riff", in your opinion?

I know this thread is several months old, but a little threadromancy never hurt anyone. XD