good audio headphones and earbuds

im willing to spend up too 200 on headphones, and 300 on earbuds can anyone recommend a pair that can work well for electronic music such as, fliying lotus, aphex twins, skrillex, prodigy.
also for certain musical artist in the rock genre such as korn, slipknot, i set my friends on fire, led zepplein, black sabbath, and cannibal corpse. and the final necessity is too be good for old school rap, and a mixture of some new school acts such as, brotha lynch hung, tupac, a tribe called quest, outkast, eminem, busta rhymes, nwa,and some wu tang.
these are the headphones i'm considering www.amazon.com/AKG-240-Semi-Op…

www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-2…

www.amazon.com/AKG-K550-Closed…

www.amazon.com/Brainwavz-HM5-S…

Now the earbuds

www.amazon.com/Shure-SE215-K-E…

www.amazon.com/dp/B004IKAPOO?p…

www.amazon.com/Westone-Pro20-P…

I really need some help picking also i'm not an audiophile
Comments24
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
My brother has a pair of Skullcandy Hesh 2 and they work like a charm for him. Not too expensive either.
I really don't care for skullcandy.
Ah, then I'm out of suggestions. :/ All the other brands I know my brother and I haven't had the best experience with (Turtle Beach and Sharper Image).
Those are all such horrible overhyped brands. Sorry just my, and my ears opinions.
I agree on Sharper Image. I had my pair for about three or four months (and took very good care of them) when one of the inner wires broke and started that annoying situation where you have to hold the chord at a certain angle or bend to get sound in both ears. My friend had some cheap $5 brand from Five Below that lasted longer than them.
Ok, still I'm already getting a pair called meelectronics m6 pro.
Never heard of them but I looked them up and they seem pretty nice. :) Good price too.
View all replies
I've got Gioteck EX05 and i got to say i am more than happy with them, decent range and good directional sound
The mere thought of spending that much money on headphones boggles my mind. There's no way I could ever afford that. My frugal mind balks at the idea of paying more for a mere accessory than I do for the devices I plan to use it on. In fact, the price range you're looking at is more than the combined total of all those devices.

Needless to say, I have no suggestions. I found a surprisingly good set of headphones for a little over $10, and while it's probably not as nice as the ones you're looking at, it's far better than the device's built-in speaker, which is good enough for me.
Ok well thanks for the comment it's just I'm not only going too use for personal use, but also as studio headphones, and I'm going  too need some good sounding equipment. The way I can afford it for my age is not cause I'm rich, but because I know how too work for what I want, but still again  thanks for the post.
Ah, professional is another story. Yeah, I can see why you'd need something better for that. Headphones need to be appropriate for their intended use. I have a separate $60 set of headphones for online gaming than I do for other things, as I've found cheap gaming headsets are far too fragile and are lucky to last two or three weeks.
Yeah I'm getting some studio equipment, for professional recording equipment.
If you have a Sony phone, get Sony Galaxy S3 earphones, the sound quality is amazing
I have already decided on a pair of meelectronics m9 pro and a pair of audio technicas 
I would recommend KOSS: www.koss.com/en/
Hmmm, among the three above for headphones I would pick the AKG K550. I did a listening session with it before, and I would say it is one of the best all rounder headphones under 500. You can throw any genre at it and it will play it well. It feels euphoric with electronic music, doesn't sound harsh on brighter songs like J-Pop, and works neatly with just about anything else. It works nicely without any amplifier whatsoever.

For earphones, if I were to pick among the three, Westone Pro20. However if I were to offer other options, these two would be my top picks.
Hifiman RE400
www.amazon.com/HiFiMAn-Electro…

Vsonic GR07
www.amazon.com/VSONIC-GR07-Cla…

If you think you need a little more bass
Vsonic GR07 Bass Edition
www.amazon.com/VSONIC-gr07-bas…
Thanks for the recommendations I really appreciate them, but do you have any alternatives for the headphones, I'm planning on getting the akg k550, but I want to view more options than my own.
For headphones, you can look at the Sennheiser HD598 as well. I have listened to them and they keep pace with the genres you listed well.
Actually I have decided not too get a pair of headphones just the Weston um 30 ear buds.
good choice, hope you are happy with it
Actually I have changed my mind considering the headphones are going too be for personal use, and so are the ear buds, I'm getting a pair of audio technicas, and the new meelectronics m6 pro IEM.