Music recommendation 2014

Since I've missed half of 2014 music-wise thanks for not being able to be online for a halfyear('til now), I want to ask for your recommendations of albums I've missed.

Genres I'm interrested in:
>Metal(just throw anything out, but I'm mostly found of death metal, deathcore, black metal, funeral doom, power metal and metalcore)
>Dark Ambient
>Folk music(going to test it, since the few snippets I've had of it I've enjoyed it)

Thanks.
Comments7
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Sólstafir put out a really really really damn good album in 2014. It was even better live but I can't find a video that does it justice.
Kauan put out this which is really just a rehash of old material but still good.

As far as dark ambient goes, I can't think of anything from 2014 but on the off chance you haven't heard of my favourite act of the genre, here you go: Worm Ouroboros. In fact I'm looking for recommendations from this genre as well...
I see you like both folk and metal, you may want to try symphonic metal, for me it's a nice cross of the two. Similar themes but with a bit more 'power' to it.
Sorry for a bit off topic, but I figured it may come handy when looking for new music :D
Death metal - Decapitated - Blood Mantrawww.youtube.com/watch?v=swweYE…
This is more of a general list rather than one that goes into specific genres, but you might wanna check out Pitchfork's best albums of 2014

Here is also an aggregated list of critically acclaimed Metal albums in 2014 (although it is not very comprehensive at all), along with the Folk entry from the same site.