Do you find that lyrics/music influences your art?

Do you find that lyrics/music influences your art? Like do you find that when you're drawing and listening to music, does the music effect it? Or does the lyrics effect it? Both?

If the lyrics were about a land of rainbows and bunnys with lazer beams, ( XD )would you be more likely to draw something similar to that?

I personally find that music influences my art a lot, but lyrics don't as much, although some of my friends won't listen to music with lyrics because they say they end up drawing something similar to what the lyrics are saying.

What about you? :3
Comments55
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
The freaking heck yes. Milky Chance, Mariana & he Diamonds, Fallout Boy! You name it! I listen to it...minus heavy metal and rock XD
Yes its actually a major part of my art :D I need music all the time when I draw and certain music gives me different ideas to draw next that relate to that song :) like when I listen to classical slow music I think of deep emotional scenes or like music such as neon lights- demi lovato puts me in a lovie dovey good mood so i create scene that have love and emotion in them :)
Oh music influences me in a big way. I created a comic series that I'm in talks to publish all thanks to listening to a song. 
Wow that's really cool! :D
You never know when inspiration will hit. :) Which is probably why I try to listen to a variety of music.
Yup, quite often especially if I'm listening to:
A)anything by cocteau twins
B)darkwave or gothic/doom/death metal
Definately! For example, there's actually a deviation in my gallery inspired completely by The Phoenix by FOB! And there are quite a few more~
Ohhh that's awesome ^^ May I ask which devation? :3
Oh sweet! ^^ Looks nice :3
Hehe np! Keep up the good work
Sometimes. I have done pieces where I admit "Inspired by the song (blah blah) by (some guy)." In fact, I recently did just that. So I guess they kind of do.
Cool ^^ What kinda music do you like? :3
All kinds save for Country. Lately I've been really getting into eighties New Wave with bands like A Flock of Seagulls, Talk Talk, Tears for Fears, New Order, and Depeche Mode, as well as re-discovering the influential German band Kraftwerk, known widely as the fathers of electronic music.
I love Depeche Mode~ <3

That's really cool! ^^
No, I usually go into a drawing with a pretty fleshed out idea/concept, so the music I listen to while creating it doesn't really affect it. And I usually get focused on drawing that I tune out the music anyway. Often, my playlist stops or I might have for some odd reason paused it, and would not realise until I've 'come back to reality' as it were.

But pieces I draw based on music (lyrics), are obviously going to show how I interpreted the music+lyrics. 
for me is quite impossible make an illustration without listen music
Haha XD I know how you feel. I feel like all my artistic abilitys disappear with out music XD Or it just isn't as fun X3
of course it does
i only listen to music that i like for some reason so thats why it effect for sure
Definitely. I listen to Anathema for probably about half of all the time I spend listening to music, and it definitely shows in my poetry. In fact, if I hadn't heard Anathema's album Weather Systems a few years back, I'm not sure that I would have even started writing.