2015 recommendations thread

Here's an idea for a thread:

Post your favorite music recordings from this year.

Here's what I've enjoyed, so far:

Disappears - Irreal

Krautrock influenced post-punk from Chicago.

Punch Brothers - Phosphorescent Blues

Chris Thile's bluegrass follow-up from Nickel Creek's 2014 album, A Dotted Line.  Not strictly bluegrass, however.

Illoquence & Rythmatical - D​.​E​.​A​.​T​.​H

Great instrumental hip-hop album.  Production is simple and has plenty of room for further development.

Moon Duo - Shadow of the Sun

A nice psychedelic and new-wave influenced album from San Francisco

Airøspace - All Dreams End

Good mixtape from a Washington, D.C. based rapper.  Makes fun and nerdy anime references in his music.

So what have you enjoyed this year so far?
Comments43
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Jlin - Unknown Tongues: www.youtube.com/watch?v=cG3Zu6…

Female footwork producer from Gary, Ind.  This shit is tight.
Title Fight - Hyperview
Cloakroom - Further Out
Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly 
Oh man I've been meaning to check out Title Fight.  I love the debut Cloakroom LP though.  It's so good.
The new Title Fight album rules, I love the direction they are headed with their sound. The new Cloakroom LP is so tight, Checked them out when they toured Europe. They are pretty impressive live. If you are kinda into shoegazy punk stuff you should check out Whirr and Nothing, both dropped solid LP's last year. 
I'm loving the newest Pile album.  It might be in my top 5 for the year.  Aaron-Daniels, you'd like this album, IMO.
I'll bump this thread to mention this new song by Shamir called "Call It Off":
www.youtube.com/watch?v=10Kc7R…

I don't know what it is, but this song is fire. It's like DEVO backing "Off The Wall"-era Michael Jackson or something.
There's a great band out at the moment called Years and Years. They've released some great songs this year (no pun intended):

King

www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_uoH6…

Desire

www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nJCF0…

Take Shelter

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0atZQ…
Hmmm so far

Sylosis - Dormant Heart 
www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbLFA1…

I discovered that band accidently as always by shopping on Amazon, I was first attracted to the album cover and then decided to buy the album and I do not regret that choice :) as this album is now one of my fav.

Nightwish - Endless forms, most beautiful
www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPonio…

This album is not out yet but I am expected so much as I love Nightwish, they are one of the band that live through my teenage time.

Myrkur
www.youtube.com/watch?v=32KB0e…

Discovered thanks to a Facebook ads, for once it was useful

Ed Sheeran - X
www.youtube.com/watch?v=-t2CR9…

Very different from what I used to listen but I can't help it to get into this artist world.

Sia - 1000 forms of fears
www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWZGAE…

:) the video for that song made me change my mind. Oh well, seemed like I enjoy a lots of different styles
Earl Sweatshirt's new joint "Grief" is dope
I like the slo-mo, Massive Attack vibe to it

www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZ5Mu2…
Since it's the hottest thing out right now, I'll go ahead and mention Kendrick Lamar's new album "To Pimp a Butterfly." Seeing as it was gonna be pretty much impossible for K. Dot to top his last album, I think going for the "difficult 3rd album" was probably the only graceful way to follow it up.
Beat me to it..... Fucking awesome album :#1:
Oh yeah it was definitely graceful.  An excellent follow-up, IMO.
Recent favorites:

Pile - You're Better Than This

90s influenced post-hardcore punk.  Very reminiscent of Shellac and Unwound.

Tom Brosseau - Perfect Abandon

Really cool alternative country.  Sounds like a mix of Howe Gelb and Bill Callahan

Hot Sugar - God's Hand

Instrumental beats in the vein of hip-hop.

Cannibal Ox - Blade of the Ronin

Despite what some people have said about Vast Aire, I still love this album.  They don't need El-P to make a great album.

Lightning Bolt - Fantasy Empire

This is a groovy noise rock album.  It's a great follow-up from 2009's Earthly Delights

Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp a Butterfly

Oh man this album is good.  It's got some awesome guest prod. tracks from Flying Lotus and others.

So Inagawa - Integritithm

This is a really nice house/techno album.  I like to listen to it at work a lot.
there are lots of good music.thans for your sharing,i will sound every , you  have worked hard .thanks
You're welcome.  Feel free to add your favorites as well.  :)
It's still kind of early, and a bunch of anticipated albums are still to be released.  But so far:

Restarter by Torche is great:  www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZa3ql…

Hand. Cannot. Erase by Steven Wilson is getting lots of attention:  www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6bF6o…

Blindead Live at Radio Gdansk actually was available really late 2014, so I'm just rolling it over into this year.  :)  www.youtube.com/watch?v=Opuk1e…
The new Sufjan Stevens album, Carrie & Lowell is a winner.  It was worth a 5 year wait.  :heart:

The new Modest Mouse album is okay, imo.  It's got some great songs, and their singles are strong.  Other songs are alright.  It's worth listening to at least, and I'll be revisiting it for a second opinion in the not too distant future.
Short version but still fucking awesome!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEP9yw…
Adventures - Supersonic Home
www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgqAc2…

This album's already really high on my list of potential favourites from this year.
"My Marble Hole" is fantastic. :)
Nice.  They remind me of Archers of Loaf.  Run for Cover is a great label btw.