Rock Vs Pop

Which music do you like better?
Comments24
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Pop these days is kinda vapid, so I'm more towards rock. Metal and prog. rock often do it for me. Pink Floyd, Iron Maiden, Pantera, that kind of stuff.
Rock but Alternative Rock from the 90s mainly. Modern rock in the mainstream is too generic sounding for my taste. So I tend to look on the internet for non mainstream rock bands as there are still a few gems today. Pop... I only like once in awhile but the only pop musicians I could say I liked were Nelly Furtado (before she joined Timbaland records), Avril Lavigne (during the "Let Go" era), Shakira, & Michelle Branch. Oh, and a lot of 80s music that was considered pop as well. lol
I adore both. But what I like about pop is that there are so many different instruments that can be used.
Rock.  I can't stand pop other than Owl City.
Both.

Although if I'm being honest I like Metal, Rap and Classical too :nod:
acid jazz in Mongolia.
Well, I enjoy a bit of both actually, but I think most of the music I like wolud fit in the pop category.
They're not mutually exclusive.  I like hardcore punk and post-hardcore punk, personally.
Well most of my songs I've acquired over the years are some variation of rock (usually alternative rock or punk rock) so I guess I'd vote for that. Once in a while a pop song really grabs me, but in many cases they fulfill only their purpose of being entertaining for a few weeks and then forgotten about afterwards, only to be dug up again years later when I want to feel nostalgic about the time it came out in :lol:
some rock is pop though
alternative rock c:
Rock N' Roll! I prefer Metal over the two.
I find pop music to boring.
:pointr: I have moved this thread to the Music Forum as it is more appropriate here. Please consider all the forums before posting in them - this should help! :)
Both are ok, but I am more exposed to pop. I enjoy watching pop videos full of good looking ladies :drool:
I only like classic rock, I don't listen to any modern rock at all.  So, I guess my answer is Pop.  I really like some Taylor Swift songs, and Katy Perry and I'll even listen to some Justin Bieber songs.
I listen to both. 
I love rock-and-roll!!!:headbang:
I like Alternative rock, but do love pop xD
both-equal-ish