If you had a band

What would it's name and genre be?
Comments57
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
If I had a band, I'd be all over the place but the main style would be Alternative rock with slight grunge and goth elements.

Inspired bands: The Smashing Pumpkins, Garbage, Soundgarden, & Hole.

Don't know of a name though. All I'd want is to bring back the gritty alt. rock we had in the 90s. C:
The Amazing E.T. Fanclub. Pure psychedelic oddness. 
Didn't know there was already a thread on that, as I made one too. Should've looked ;P

Anyway, if I formed a band or just the name of a project, it'd be Afflicted. This can be an EBM/rhythmic noise group where their musical style is influenced from contemporary pop/electronic music but in a darker tone. Maybe similar like what Combichrist, Grendel, Aesthetic Perfection and Suicide Commando can do. The name can refer to the group members being irritated by pop music that's around them and would let out their anger through their music primarily.
Corn meal- children's 
Trackin' Kracken- Pop punk
Ranthammer.

Old school thrash (although probably not exclusively), sounding like the bastard child of Slayer, Dark Angel, Faith No More and 80s Metallica. Lyrics can be just about anything we feel like being angry (see: ranting) about.
Roseblood, a post-hardcore/punk band
Enema and the Pink Sock band.... That's the most lewd, punk rock sounding name I can think of. Of course my stage name would have to be Enema, and the band would all actually wear pink socks, but we would probably play quiet storm jazzy stuff, and be real classy. We wont have any fans
Das Heilige, und nackte Pistole Kristall (German and translates into The Sacred,And Naked Crystal Pistol)
Rap,screamo,and metal
Simon Says - Alternative/Indie
Open Up; analogue harsh noise. :icongrinstareplz:
Doc Fuzz

Synth-Rock/New Wave. It would be a three-piece band where someone would play some synth riffs with their foot while playing either bass or guitar.
Satanic Lawnmover Massacre.
Death Thrash Punk.
Stageshow so fukked up that everyone in town would hate us and then we would get lynched. After that David Lynch would do a movie about us.

Currently I play in "Attackbajs" witch means "Battle-Shit" in Swedish. Grind where we mostly chase eatchother on stage and sing songs about killing people with excements and getting beaten by retarded harekrishnas. Oh! And shitting yourself. 
Come to think of it... all our songs are about that topic.
I was actually in a band and choosing a name was the most irritating thing ever!
We fluctuated every couple of months from ...well quite girly names that I'm ashamed to repeat (it was an all-girl rock with a bit of punk and sprinkle of indie band). 
But some funny/nice ones imo that we never stuck with were Together In The Sisterhood (TITS) :p and The Black Sheep (idk something unique or out of place plus it kinda reminded me of Lamb of God). 

I was always more inclined towards the Rock and Metal genre. 
When I first thought of being in a band I would have had us called Satanic Cupcakes. :D
Tinnitus, industrial metal  
Beef Baton

We'd play Psychobilly
I'm part of Buried Beneath The Stars, and we play Metalcore/Post Hardcore
I play in "Attackbajs" witch means "Battle-Shit" in Swedish. Grind where we mostly chase eatchother on stage and sing songs about killing people with excements and getting beaten by retarded harekrishnas. Oh! And shitting yourself. 
Come to think of it... all our songs are about that topic.

Wanna do a split? We sound like a mix of Assück and Onkel Kånkel.
Ghostly

we'd play southern gothic and folk music 
Me and my sister are always joking about starting a band,the names we came up with are Bitch Taco,Sleeping Hobos,and 10000 Cupcakes XD
(We would most likely call it Sleeping Hobos)
And the genre would be hard rock/metal
My friend and I came up with Satanic Cupcakes as a joke.
Sharing due to love of cupcakes!!! :dummy:  :blush: 
LMAO best band name ever XD
The first one you said was perfect :happybounce: La la la la :happybounce: 
My group would be called "Acid Pool" and we would do rock or R&B.