Anyone else think Pop is exceptionally boring right now?

I've been kind out of the loop for popular songs right now (I mostly listen to rock). I decided to watch a top 20 countdown. Holy crap! It's all soooo dull and boring. Mostly whiny Indie wanna be singers with a guitar. No beat, slow, dull, dull, dull, nothing upbeat.

What happened to the Lady Gagas, Keshas, Bruno Mars, Rihannas and Eminems of the world? Don't get me wrong, they're mostly talentless generic crap, but at least they didn't make me want to take a nap lol. 

Am the only who notices the boring and dull style of most popular music right now?

To clarify: I know how most modern music has been crappy for many years now, but I'm talking about BORING and slow the songs are now.  
Comments20
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Imogen Heap's new album is pretty solid.
All songs on the radio all sound the same to me so I don't listen to anything from 2013 onward. Love old and new rock.
I hate Ariana Grande's overrated pop garbage. Her voice is so annoying. I don't understand what's wrong with everyone in my grade because they actually LIKE her. Stare 
I think she is a very good singer, but I hate her music.
There's two songs of hers that I actually sorta like. They're They Way and and Problem.
Yeah, I would consider Problem sort of a guilty pleasure. It should be by all means a bad song, but it's kind of catchy and I do kinda like it. Have you heard of Popular by her? The video is pretty fun. Kind of Tim Burtonesque.
Agreed. I'm sick of the ambiguous indie/rock/pop/alternative/soft rock. It's either pop or it's not.
Yay! Someone who gets it lol.
There was a time when pop wasn't bland?
I've never liked pop music so I wouldn't know:shrug:
pop music is the voice of the shallow end of the pool
ballads and "booty" songs are what you'll hear right now
so hop on over to soundcloud to find relevant music!
Turn off your radio and the music will get better.  I'm finding plenty of modern (2014) music online.
Speaking of modern music, have you heard SBTRKT's new album (it just leaked recently) and if so what are your thoughts?
Wonder Where We Land?

I haven't heard it yet, but honestly I was disappointed with the single New Dorp, New York.

I ought to check out their other singles, and I'll most likely check out the full album once I can get a hold of it.
I'll be honest and say that I was pretty disappointed with it.  There are some songs I do like a lot (NEW DORP. NEW YORK, Lookaway, and my favorite song on the album Temporary View), but for the most part a lot of it doesn't feel all that memorable or interesting to me.  I also don't know why the fuck you would end your album with nearly 5 minutes of A$AP Ferg getting his struggle on (oh well).  Temporary View to me, though, easily tops a lot of the stuff on the self-titled album and it still gives me some hope for when Sampha puts his first full-length out.

That's just how I feel, though.
That's unfortunate, because I really enjoyed his Transitions EP from earlier in the year.