What are some songs by your favourite artist that you hate?

My favourite artist is Celldweller. I love the majority of his songs but I can't stand Eon, Switchback, or any of the Stay With Me songs. 
Comments55
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
So far...
:bulletred:"Animate" and "Cold Fire" by Rush
:bulletred:"Lorelei" by Cocteau Twins (I don't get why most CT fans love this song...:no:)
:bulletred: Most songs by Tristania after Vibeke Stene left
I'm a decent fan of Phil Collins, but I hate it when he gets all Social Injustice Warrior on me, like songs like "Another Day in Paradise" and "Long, Long Way to Go." It seems like instead of being aware, he's trying to make everyone feel guilty for existing.
Now, I love Frank Zappa, but out of the sixty-plus albums he made while he was alive, there was bound to be some things not to like. "Weasels Rip My Flesh" to me was just noise... just NOISE.
"Hearing Aid" by They Might Be Giants
Not sure if this counts, but..."American Rhapsody" composed by Richard Meyer (It's a piece for orchestra. I love Richard Meyer's music, but seriously, WHAT WAS HE THINKING???? I CAN'T PLAY THIS!!!!!)
Neuroticfish's "There's A Light" is pretty awful in my opinion (and I think it was a cover of the original one, I can't remember), and probably the entirety of Aesthetic Perfection's stuff from this year. Honestly, they're not as good as what they were years ago where he applied dark energy in his music and such chilling lyrics. Now, they're cheaply watered-down and sings as if he's got laryngitis :|
I like My Chemical Romance a lot, and I actually like the song "I'm Not Okay (I Promise)", but I like it a lot less than most of their other songs. Mostly because it's their most well known song and half the people who hate on them have only heard that specific song. Plus all the rabid emo fangirls quoting it all the time.
I love the old Within Temptation but I can't stand "Dark wings" and their new songs.
My favourite band is Linkin Park, and I honestly can't stand Keys To The Kingdom.  I don't even know why, just something about the song doesn't sit well with me
Oi, u talking shit bout Switchback, m8?

Haha, but seriously.

The entirety of Metallica's "St. Anger". To this day I cannot fathom how that monstrosity of an album came to exist.
Everyone who likes Celldweller seems to love all the songs I hate haha. 
Out of sheer curiosity, what are some of your favorite songs by him?
Blackstar, Fadeaway, Afraid this Time, and Symbiont are my top favourites. 
Our taste isn't all that different after all then! Fadeaway is actually one of my absolute favorite Celldweller songs!
Awesome! Do you imagine any kind of setting for it? It makes me think of a dimly lit forest at night with weird glowing fog and monsters hiding out in the shadows. I love that song so much. 
Hmm... hard to say. I was getting into a lot of different kinds of music when I first heard this song, so I guess it just sort of reminds me of that period of my life.

But I bet you if I had it on repeat while half-asleep I'd probably be able to formulate some sort of fitting setting in my head, haha. :)
I love Toby Keith, but Red Solo Cup is just...no..just NOPE!
I have to disagree with you, Stay With Me (Unlikely) and Unlikely (Stay With Me) were awesome songs. High five for you being a Celldweller fan, I saw him live at Resistanz 2013 in Sheffield (the only time he's ever been to the UK) and he kicked ass. The Lucky One is undoubtedly my favourite Celldweller song but I'm partial to anything from his self-titled album too. 

Back to your question - favourite artist is Snow Patrol, hate the living hell out of Set the Fire to the Third Bar. I can't stand the female vocals in it.
You're so lucky you got to see him live! Hopefully I'll get that opportunity one day. 
I'll just leave this here. You can't see his face, but that hair is unmistakeable. (This wasn't strictly a photo, it was a screenshot from one of the videos I took, all my photos came out duff). shadow2k.deviantart.com/art/Ce…
My songs know what you did in the dark- because it's overused and there are way better songs on "Save rock and Roll" than it. I mean I still like it but other people make me wanna puke when I hear it.
miss jackson-panic at the disco i feel as it is the same few words multiple times
sleep-my chemical romance-its just mostly talking 
fake your death-this song is catchy it just makes me sad :-/
Images by OhKelseyYou
mis jaeksun
mis jaeksun
mis jaeksun
r u nastehhh
mis jaeksun
mis jaeksun
mis jaeksun
r u nastehhh
mis jaeksun
mis jaeksun
mis jaeksun
r u nasteh
owt of de bake dore-baek dore but i lav u anewae
(AKA: i lav u but u fuk othur guy why???? :'^( noew i fuk ur mom lmao)

The whole album wasn't Brendon's best like I expect him to be tbh. Sounds like he was running out of ideas lyric AND music wise for most of the songs on the album. It was really just a big angst-ish "my love life" album for the most part actually lmao.
lol it is kinda a let down