Guns and Roses or Metallica??

Which band do you consider the best. Discuss reviews, songs, whatever you want.

Nem Guitar red  <<VS>>  Slash with his guitar 
Comments48
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Metallica is better
Are you talking about the present or the past???

Cause if it's present i'd say none and if it's past, both!!!!
Metallica Enter Sandman
I personally prefer Metallica, but I can't deny, Guns and Roses are really great at what they do.
awwh i like em both :D they both have great music each with their own flavor.

-guns n roses are loud and upbeat and axels voice is just awesome! 

-metallica sounds really hardcore, like black metal stuff but at least i can understand the words compared to other rock bands :P

- how bout Lead Zeppelin? anyone like em?
Which song is the best of guns and roses and what is the best of metallica? Discuss what you think. I like Seek and Destroy and Estranged among other.
 Metal Emote 
Metallica for the rest of my life!
(even now, when they SHOULD record new album... I can't wait...)
Both are great it's hard I was a big fan of metallica till the reload album then I could not stand the music as much as I tried.
I listen to guns n roses more now so ill go with them only cause slash is one of the best ax players of all time.
Can I choose Within Temptation or Dragonforce?
Metallica definitely 
I like both but Gun n Roses tops it for me.  I have the best memories of sitting in down in my friends basement back in high school blazing "Don't Cry" ,"November Rain", and "Sweet Child o'Mine", ect. ect. aaaaaaaahhhh.
G n' Rs only great album was "Appetite", while Metallica have a lot more. With that said it's kind of a redundant comparison.

As for everyone saying "neither" - you guys/gals are so keeewwwwwwl brah
Both bands have massively egotistical little cunts as members so I vote C to have them both neutered the stupid little puppies.
Well said! I avoided rock radio stations for many years because of GnR, Metallica, Van Halen, AC/DC, etc. getting all the airtimeI am PISSED OFF! Steaming Mad! Rage and pushing out the "good" music LOL!
"pushing out the "good" music"

Such as?
Pink Floyd, Jethro Tull, Yes, Genesis(Peter Gabriel years), Emerson Lake and Palmer, Deep Purple, The Doors, Moody Blues, Carlos Santana, Cream, Steve Winwood/ Traffic, Jimi Hendrix, the Clash, Rolling Stones,  Steve Miller Band, etc...Jamming to mah stereo Years ago a rock station I listened to out of Detroit played more than just the two "hits" from the above bands, and it was awesome until about 1990Oh Noes! when it shifted to the heavy metal, "hair bands", later Grunge and repeated said tunes dozens of times a dayStare 

I know the generations thing with music and all, but I was 18 then and already preferred the rock bands of the 1960s/1970s IMO those were the best decades for classic rock n' roll!
Also, I was thinking if you like prog, you might like the new Cynic album. Their earlier stuff was a lot heavier due to involvement in the Death metal scene, but 20 years later Paul Masvidal has got incredibly zen (through a mix of buddhism and definitely acid) and the music is a lot mellower. 

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AHtlz…
Pink Floyd, Cream, Hendrix, the Stones and the Clash are all good, but all that prog stuff isn't my cup of tea at all. Do you keep up or try to search out bands? There's a lot of stuff in the age of the internet you can access that's pretty rocking. Radio has always sucked, unless the DJ was John Peel. When he died it was a loss to music. 
R.I.P. John Peel
Any DJ who's favorite band was the Fall is a good seed in my book
Any DJ that plays Napalm Death mixed in with other eclectic bands is great. Sorely missed.