Warped Tour?

There's a pretty good possibility that my friend and I are going to Warped Tour this summer. I can't wait!! This will be my first time going though, so is there anything I should know? Are there certain secrets that will make it more fun than it already will be? I also need ideas on how to raise money for tickets, merch, etc. Any help will be greatly appreciated!!
Comments88
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Wear long sleeves and closed toed shoes: cuts down on mosh-pit injuries. Bring a bag because you'll be getting alot of free stuff. DO NOT keep your phone or wallet in your pocket if you go into a mosh - put it in your bag. Bring your won water and food or go broke. & HAVE FUN!!!!!
I'm not really planning to go in a mosh pit, so I think I'm going to wear a tank top. But I will definitely be wearing closed toe shoes! XD
Oh and DO NOT crowd surf- last year the people who crowd surfed left on stretchers- people started knocking them down & punching them. Just stay in the crowd :)
I was thinking about attending the Warped Tour when it came to Melbourne but the lineup was sickening. The only band I would have had any interest in seeing was The Offspring. Most of the roster consists of metalcore now anyway, which I have no interest in whatsoever.
Aww :( Maybe there will be more bands you like next year. :D
Don't go to the middle front you would be hit with people Cause of crown surfers that side little better try to have cold ice water at less cause you can fill it again
Oh that's probably a good idea XD What bands are you going to see this year?
That works XD I really want to see Falling in Reverse and Crown the Empire cx
Last year bands was great too and those bands are great
Did you get to meet any of the members while walking around? I'm hoping I'll get to meet Jacky Vincent :3
I was behind new year day omg I was so nervous to say hi and I met a band called the all ways
View all replies
I'm going this year again but I don't think I would have a buddy with :( I went last year it was amazing
Watch out for douches. Warped is like douche mekka.
Alright cx Is it safe to talk to a few people though? Because isn't the whole thing about listening to music and meeting new people?
Just be smart, there are a lot of cool people there but there are also a few bad ones.
BRING PLENTY OF SUNBLOCK.
My friend and I totally screwed up my first year of Warped by forgetting sunblock, and I don't want anyone else to have to suffer the pain. It was so bad. xD

I'd also recommend not wearing white because things will get pretty dirty, especially if your date is held out in a field like mine was once. Things will also get spilled on you, most likely. Band members will spit on you if you're near the front, people will sweat on you, and in some cases, people will bleed on you. Unless you don't mind ruining white clothes, I'd recommend something a little darker. Probably not black though, since it's hot, but I've worn black almost every year and haven't died yet. haha

Be careful of the stuff in your backpack. Sometimes the pits are so crazy that stuff will get broken in your bag. I've had CD cases crack because of the pressure of people pushing, so I assume the same could happen to your phone or anything else.

Try to wear shoes with laces. This is more of a personal preference, but I can't count the times I've had slip-ons be pulled off in the pit by people stepping on the back of my heel. There are always, ALWAYS slip-ons left behind in the wreckage of the pit, so lots of people lose their shoes. xD

This is more for fun, but you should definitely listen to the local/start-up bands that are milling around trying to gain fans. You'll broaden your musical horizons and probably get a good deal on some cool music. If they ask you to listen to their songs, give it a go. You never know when that band is gonna make it big in the future and you can have a cute memory of them. Like my first year, there was a little band called The Maine walking the line outside the venue, asking people to listen to their songs because they were just starting up, and now they're one of the most popular bands on the tour.

If you can, bring 3 canned food items, an old cellphone, or $5 to donate at the gate so you can skip the line getting in. It's totally worth it. Last year, my friend and I got in like 15 minutes before they started letting the other line in because we donated food. I got to meet Real Friends because we got let in early, so skipping the line is so, so worth it!

Oh, and also bring extra sharpies for signings, especially if you plan to meet smaller bands. Bigger bands who have planned signings almost always have their own sharpies, but if you wanna get a signature from a band that doesn't have an organized signing, the chances are that they won't have sharpies. Bands practically always forget to hand back your pen, which is why you need extras.

I could probably thing of more things to suggest, but I'm drawing a blank on anything else. I hope you and your friend have a super amazing time. Warped is honestly something I look forward to all year long, and you never forget your first Warped, so I really hope you have a great time. (:
Thank you so much for the advice! Is there a lot of time between shows to walk around? And what kinds of things do they have there for between shows?
It really depends on how many bands you plan on seeing. The set and signing times are decided on a day to day basis, so I can't really give you any concrete information about how much time there is between each band. I've had days where my friends and I have over 30 minutes to wander around before the next band we want to see comes on, and I've had days where we have less than 5 minutes to run across the entire venue to catch the next set. It really just depends.

That reminds me, sometimes two (or more) of your favorite bands will be on at the same time on different stages. You have to be ready to make tough decisions on who you want to see. Sometimes signings will be scheduled at the same time as a cool set too, so there's another tough decision. I really hope you don't have to choose though because it totally sucks, but there's a pretty big chance that two awesome bands will be playing at the same time.

As for stuff to do, there's so much! A lot of merch booths and other tents hold games all day long. They've had a silent rave for the past few years, where everyone where headphones synced up to the same music and just dances around. One of the booths does karaoke. You can win free stuff at some tents by spinning wheels. Usually, there are 15-20 minute acoustic sets that you can check out in some of the larger tents when you have the time. If the weather is nice, they bring out a huuuge slip and slide, so if you're interested in that, wear a swimsuit or something you don't mind getting soaked. Plus, there's the shopping. In addition to the bands' merch booths, they also sell fun stuff like bags/purses, necklaces, shoes, etc. Sometimes random people have stuff to sell too, like last year there was a girl selling flower crowns for $5 out of her backpack. lol
The silent rave sounds so cool!! Did they give you headphones? Or do you bring your own?
They give you headphones. (:
Only thing I'd recommend is some actual music taste.
We all have our opinions. I personally love this music. It helps me express myself when I don't know how. What kind of music do you like? Maybe I can broaden my horizons. XD