Closed to new replies
February 1, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 34

How loud to you turn your music up??

:icontopazbutterfly:
TopazButterfly Featured By Owner Feb 1, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
random, yea. if nobody else is around then i usually turn it to full and turn my whole bloody life into a music video, but otherwise, if somebody else is around, i keep it 'pretty low'. your choice??
oh, and what do you think about when listening to music, too?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconpickleparfe:
PickleParfe Featured By Owner Feb 3, 2013  Student Digital Artist
Not to high, I don't want to have a future of major hearing loss.
:iconangelxxuan:
angelxxuan Featured By Owner Feb 3, 2013  Student General Artist
I tend to turn it up where I can hear it but it doesn't blow out my ear drums or cause me to lose my hearing long term into the future. I tend to listen to most things very low, where I can barely hear it but not drown out the world around me.
:iconmintaka-tk:
Mintaka-TK Featured By Owner Feb 3, 2013
About 50%, since I honestly cannot risk ear damage.
:iconlankss:
Lankss Featured By Owner Feb 3, 2013
60% in the car
lvl20 on the laptop
:icontidal-wave-art:
Tidal-Wave-Art Featured By Owner Feb 2, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Loud enough so I can hear it and not lose my own hearing. Plus I need to hear others if they need me so I do need to keep it a little low.
:icongirlunderthebox:
GirlUnderTheBox Featured By Owner Feb 2, 2013
what my music makes my vision blurry
:iconuboa-chan:
UBOA-CHAN Featured By Owner Feb 2, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
i've turned it so loud when i was younger that now im gradually starting to lose my hearing. :grump:
:icon88hypnotist8:
88Hypnotist8 Featured By Owner Feb 2, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
I like to blast my music super loud... But my sister starts to complain so I usually have to use headphones :/
:iconberry-melon:
Berry-Melon Featured By Owner Feb 2, 2013
Can't i have to use earphones, my neighbors are a little crazy... when it comes to sound, except when they are the ones making it.
:iconmysteryliterature:
MysteryLiterature Featured By Owner Feb 2, 2013  Student Writer
If I'm in public probably low but in my room I would probably have it at 80% because listening to rock music at full volume hurts your ears. Overall depends what song it is and where I am.
:iconpetitehands:
PetiteHands Featured By Owner Feb 2, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
My brothers prefer playing their music loud using speakers. But when I play MY kind of music, I usually keep it low. They always criticize my taste in music.. lol.

But most of the time, I use my earphones. Back then, I alwasy crank up the volume to 100%. Now something's wrong with my left ear. Everytime I hear something loud or screechy, my ear's like breathing out air.. I dunno. And it rings sometimes. T_T

The doctor said I have a very mild tinnitus, so am always careful about volume levels. So I only listen up to 50%.
:iconxanside:
Xanside Featured By Owner Feb 2, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
70 - 80%
:iconpenhuin:
Penhuin Featured By Owner Feb 1, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Around medium. I can't risk damage to my ears.
:iconjuliabohemian:
Juliabohemian Featured By Owner Feb 1, 2013
I usually play it as loud as it will go in the car. I often wonder if I will end up going deaf as a result.
:iconpoppymori:
PoppyMori Featured By Owner Feb 1, 2013  Student General Artist
I play music absolutely loud when i'm about. In the car, at home, with family/friends around, I crank it as loud as possible. But during school, I get so nervous that I'm disturbing others with my music I obsess with how loud it is and eventually it gets so low i can barely hear it, and its almost on mute.
:iconincandescentinsanity:
IncandescentInsanity Featured By Owner Feb 1, 2013  Student General Artist
I never play my music out loud. Earphone volume is moderate, in case somebody needs to talk to me. Also because superloud music really does damage your ears

I play it pretty loud in my car though
:icon0rg:
0rg Featured By Owner Feb 1, 2013
ALL THE WAY

PRAISE SLAANESH
:icondeshrubber:
deshrubber Featured By Owner Feb 1, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Loud enough to tune out the rest of the world.
:icontheblackbullets:
TheBlackBullets Featured By Owner Feb 1, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I have to keep it low during the winter cause for some reason it bothers my ears if I have it loud, but during summer, it doesn't matter.
:iconmisterturtle:
MisterTurtle Featured By Owner Feb 1, 2013
About medium, I suppose. I turn it up if the outside world gets too loud, but I try not to take out my peripheral hearing.
:icongangstalike:
gangstalike Featured By Owner Feb 1, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
If I could have a soundtrack to my life, I would. I'm the one who blasts music while driving :P - Florence in the fall, Bon Iver in the winter, Awolnation in the spring, Arctic Monkeys in the summer, and Gorillaz all year round
:iconpopstck:
popstck Featured By Owner Feb 1, 2013  Student Digital Artist
60-75% on my iPod typically

on my computer is a more complex thing because there are 4 different dials that my sound goes through; the iTunes volume, the computer's overall volume, my headphone's volume-as-determined-by-my-computer-by-default, and the physical volume dial on my headphones.
:iconwillwrightofdeath:
WillWrightOfDeath Featured By Owner Feb 1, 2013
Super loud
:iconsaints-fan-12:
saints-fan-12 Featured By Owner Feb 1, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
To a point where I can't hear anyone else.
:iconbleachrocks2010:
bleachrocks2010 Featured By Owner Feb 1, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Not too loud, but loud enough I wish it could turn it up louder but I have bad ears ==
:iconbadgercheese1994:
Badgercheese1994 Featured By Owner Feb 1, 2013  Student General Artist
ALL THE WAY!
:icondariadzyuba:
DariaDzyuba Featured By Owner Feb 1, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Depends on the song.
:iconwolfyspice:
WolfySpice Featured By Owner Feb 1, 2013  Hobbyist Artist
As loud as it can be without damaging my hearing, and without feeling uncomfortable about bothering others. I have a 1,200W PA speaker next to me, so yeah. I am not turning that all the way up. I tried it on a low-medium volume with a sub in the music store and the whole place shook. I'm not risking demolishing my house.
:iconheavenhairsixes:
HeavenhairSixes Featured By Owner Feb 1, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
If I'm listening to a CD I don't play it that loud.

Sometimes I play the didgeridoo though, and that doesn't have a volume control. I start to play and I hear every dog within two miles start barking and howling in the background and I feel a little bad - but when expressing a thing feels like part of your soul in that way then it would be a crime to deny it...
:icontwilite-kiss:
twilite-kiss Featured By Owner Feb 1, 2013
Really low or really high
:icontehsnowflake:
TehSnowflake Featured By Owner Feb 1, 2013
Depends on the environment.
:iconshawnjohnston:
ShawnJohnston Featured By Owner Feb 1, 2013
7 out of 10. I like it louder than "normal" to engage the music like it was being played live, but cranking the shit out of it is completely unnecessary and asking for hearing loss.
:icontopazbutterfly:
TopazButterfly Featured By Owner Feb 1, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
yea, it does hurt at full volume, but normal is boring, i guess.
:iconpakaku:
Pakaku Featured By Owner Feb 1, 2013
To a point where I can hear it
Add a Comment: