Closed to new replies
January 11, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 2

Need help finding similar sounding songs/what kind of style

:iconkaosushijinxiii:
KaosushijinXIII Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013
Alright I really like the chorus in the song "Lemonade" by Cocorosie, the one sister that sings it has a lovely voice. I've been trying to figure out what style that singing is like and trying to find songs that sound similar to that singing type. I know I've heard a voice like that before in other songs I just can't put my finger on it. Please help me if you can.
here is the song for reference: [link]
The chorus starts at "Shot a rabbit from back seat window"

Thank you in advance

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconi-mend:
I-MEND Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013
She has a folky voice you hear in bands like Laura and The Cans and Squirrel Nut Zippers. That style originally is from 1930-40ish swing songs. Lovely song by the way.
:iconmunuci:
Munuci Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Student General Artist
Spotify Biography gives me "The luminously lovely indie-tronic duo CocoRosie..". So somewhere along the lines of Indie. Spotify also gives me "Similar" artists, being Beircut; Devendra Banhart; Cat Power: Fever Ray; Blonde Redhead; Bat for lashes; Beach house; Au Revoir Simone; Sigur Ros; Camille; Bonobo; Efterklang; Karen O and the kids; Tunng; Little Dragon; Kimya Dawson; Was Tailor.

I don't know how similar these actually sound (since I haven't listened to them), but spotify gives me those suggestions. Maybe you could try spotify out, it's really handy if you want to find similar and new music.
Add a Comment: