Metalcore/Post Hardcore fans?

Just wanted to know if theres any metalcore/post hardcore/electronicore fans on here besides me...:D
Metal 4eva!!! \\m//
Comments23
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I like some post-hardcore but I can't really recall anything. As far as metalcore goes, I kinda dislike anything that isn't Converge or HORSE the band. Sounds way too generic to me. I just don't really like the "intro/verse/chorus with clean vocals/breakdown/verse/chorus again/chorus with harsh vocals/breakdown" formula.

Some real screamo (or "skramz" if I may) has got some post-hardcore elements, but it may just be hardcore elements since they're both hardcore subgenres.
I don't listen to any of it, and I don't consider it to be true metal.
well their not at or near the very root of metal, their subgenres of earlier metal themes
Metalcore is a fusion genre of hardcore punk and extreme metal
Post Hardcore comes from hardcore punk which comes from punk rock
Electronicore is both but with electronic music [DnB, Dubstep, etc]
Go listen to Converge and tell me that.
I see more hardcore (even if it's more progressive) than metal in converge, to be honest.
I'm more of a post hardcore fan haha haven't heard of electronicore though.. Is it any good?
its metalcore or post hardcore but with synth, keyboards, and electronic music added
-Hands Like Houses is a good electronicore band, try their songs "A clown and his pipe","Antartica" or "Lion skin" if you want
And yeah, I will second that La Dispute recommendation. And it's not terribly close nor terribly far from it, but you might also like Iceage's "New Brigade" which was a pretty damn good album when I think about it. Seems like they've got a new one coming out this year, gonna keep track of that...
I like a little bit of post-hardcore, but it seems like a genre where you really have to dodge the teenybopper horseshit and I don't know it terribly well.
Nope, more into Black Metal and Grindcore, sorry :(
its cool, metal is metal XD
BREACH
[link]
[link]

Meleeh
[link]

Fireside
[link]

reppin sweden yo
Converge & Poison the Well
I can dig some metalcore like Converge, Zao, Poison the Well etc... as well as La Dispute which I would probably categorize as post hardcore.
Does deathcore count? :p
I guess, why not? XD
Hahas, well then, so far most of the deathcore stuff I have listened to are related to the djent scene like Veil Of Maya and Born of Osiris.
ive atually been trying to get into djent deathcore, know any good recommendations by Veil of maya or born of osiris?
Well, to be honest, I only a listened a small portion of their stuff as deathcore is only a really tiny portion of my library. Born Of Osiris's The Discovery is some interesting melodic deathcore, with keyboards!! :D

As for Veil of Maya, I guess ID is good? I've only heard them like for five minutes when I was searching for music on youtube and they sounded quite interesting.

If you don't mind clean vocals sung in that poprock-ish manner (though there are still growls and shouts) then I recommend Periphery, who are probably the most prominent in the djent scene (I think). Their second album is one of my favourites, though the vocals took some time to get used to.

Signal the Firing Squad is another I've come across, though I got bored of them after a while. You could try them to see if it suits your taste better. :p