Which band/musician have you liked for the longest time?

It's as simple as the title of the thread. "Which band/musician have you liked for the longest time?" Also, how long have you been listening to them? When I say "listening," I don't mean casually hearing a song of theirs on the radio and liking it. I mean actually going out of your way to listen to them (getting albums/mp3's, going to concerts, etc.). Also keep it limited to a band/musician that you STILL like, not one you liked when you were young but soon outgrew.

For me that band is Clutch. I've been listening to them for a good 8-9 years now and their stuff hasn't lost any of its charm in my eyes. That and they've stayed consistent over the years which is always nice.
Comments81
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Mayday Parade all the way!
I was definetly in love with ac/dc for the longest time for probably 8 and a half years
Edward Elgar for 22 years.
Kate Bush for 11.
Pink Floyd for 9.
Definitely Hole. I can listen to them again and again without getting bored. I usually 'outgrow' bands, but this one has stuck with me.
The Offspring, is not my fav, but it was one of the first bands I ever listened when I was 8-9 years old, and today I still like them, is not my fav, but is the one I have been listening for a long time...
La Bouche - ever since I can remember, to be honest.
Nine Inch Nails since like...grade school.
AC/DC
live '92 was my favorite album already when I was 4 XD
aaww, brings back memories...
Would either be Oasis or Bon Jovi
Green Day has been my favorite band for as long as I can remember, My mom used to listen to them all the time so it gradually passed onto me. Boulevard of broken dreams is still one of my favorite songs. In fact, I remember knowing all the words to it when I was just six xD Unfortunately I haven't been to any of their concerts, although I really wish I could.
probally Blink 182, been listening them since 1999
The Beatles since I was about 2
I cannot remember a time without Weird Al.
Plaid has been my favorite band for 6 years.

Longest I've had a favorite band since Pink Floyd when I was a child.
Plaid's an interesting group. I should try to get my hands on more of their stuff. What's your opinion on The Black Dog?
Oh.. Greedy Baby.. it has one good song on it.. Launching of Big Face lol
I can get into the whole album if I'm really in the mood but that was the big track
[link]
I think they are better off without the other guy I guess.
Not a huge fan of Black Dog.
Double Figure is by far Plaid's best album
love just about everything they got really.
My favorite albums besides Double Figure is Not For Threes and their newest Scintilli.. tho Spokes and Restproof Clockwork is really good as well as Parts in the Post is AMAZING. I have both their Trainers as well as P-Brane. lol I love them so much.
Besides Double Figure(which has a LOT of bomb ass tracks) the rest of the albums have a few REALLY good tracks while the rest are very ambient and emotional. Like you can't just pick it up and listen to it at any time and enjoy it like the rest...though it depends on the album like Parts in the Post has a lot of good stuff on it(both cds).
Linkin Park since either 2003 or 2004, I'm a bit foggy on when, I was in the 3rd grade when I began listeing to Rock
Linkin Park almost my whole life. My dad listened to it. So I ended up being a fan xD
I was going to write HIM and Metallica, but then I realized I actually have listened and liked Madonna since I was just a little kid. I can't tell how many years I've liked Madonna and her music, but anyways...
If we forget Madonna, then it would HIM and Metallica. I started to listen to 'em when I was 10, I guess... O.o Few years later came Slipknot and Nirvana. So, I've listened these band over 12-15 years. :D (And Madonna maybe 18-20 years)
I've been a big fan of Iron Maiden since 1999 when I was just a wee pre-teen. Though I liked Pearl Jam since I was a weee tot in the early 1990s