Deviant Login Shop  Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
January 3, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 15

Would you go to a concert featuring Sim City music? Or non-mainstream video game music in general?

:iconbobschuler:
bobschuler Jan 3, 2013  Student General Artist
My orchestra's next concert is going to be featuring works from the original Sim City for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System.

My question: is there really a market for less-popular video game music, or should video game music stick to what everyone knows and loves with the occasional oddball piece thrown in?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconsmarticleparticle:
SmarticleParticle Jan 4, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
That would be so awesome! Personally I would love to hear the Portal or Assassin's Creed soundtracks played by an orchestra, that would be epic. :D
bobschuler Jan 6, 2013  Student General Artist
I'm afraid to do music from portal because it would have to be done without vocals -- I refuse to play either ending credits without GLaDOS's voice.

Assassin's Creed is on my list of games to play eventually so I can get a good handle on the soundtrack.
:iconmphtmnslt:
Depends on the game. I'd go for The Legend of Zelda or Metroid series.
Right, that's what I feel like most people want to hear. :/
:iconvrcooke:
Likely not for Sim City, but there are a few games with great scores. I'd definitely consider it.
Interesting. What games would you consider it for?
Hmmm...:

-Ghost Recon Advanced Warfigter (Tom Salta did such an excellent job)
-Final Fantasy (there actually was a concert in town for this about a year or so ago; I just didn't make it).
-Mass Effect 2
-Assassin's Creed 2

That's all I can think of off the top of my head now, but I'm sure there are loads more.
Oh wow, Ghost Recon is something I have never seen come up on polls, questions, etc. Thanks for suggesting it, I'll be looking it up soon.

I need to get on Assassin's Creed -- I haven't played the series and I'm ashamed.
Haha no need to be ashamed! Life gets busy sometimes :)

If I think of anything else, I'll let you know.
:iconthe-thunder-fox:
The-Thunder-Fox Jan 3, 2013  Hobbyist Artist
I was going to say "If only it also includes the SNES music". Bloody christ I love that game's music. Soundtrack to my childhood.

Then again I'm not exactly the typical person, y'know? I wouldn't use myself as a gauge for what most people would like.
Add a Comment: