Deviant Login Shop  Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
December 30, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 4

Working on a Techno / Trance song and I don't know whether to keep a segment.. Opinions/suggestions?

:icondj-zemar:
DJ-Zemar Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Hey everyone,
I've been working on a Techno / Trance song for some time now and it's getting close to completion.. The problem is I just made an edit and I'm not sure it fits. Part of the edit fits, but the other part.. I'm not sure..

If you could, please listen to the song and give me any opinions or suggestions on whether to leave it, remove it, or how I should change it. The part that bugs me is between 3:15 - 4:25, it seems like excessive something.. Is it something I should fix or should I revert to the previous draft?
Again, I appreciate any and all help! :D

Current (Draft 5): [link]

Previous (Draft 4): [link]

--

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

Thanks, and good idea.. I'll definitely try that.. I may actually move the tone-change from early in the song to about mid-song to give it that bridged fix it needs. As for the outro, I'm stumped.. lol
:iconxxamyrainbowxx:
XxAmyRainbowxX Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Nah man I like it.
I think maybe what would help it is a big build up halfway through that specified section. It kinda feels like it has something missing is all. And then bring it back down to a nice outro.
I've followed you on Soundcloud by the way :)
(Oops, I replied to my own post instead of replying to the message lol..)
Thanks, and good idea.. I'll definitely try that.. I may actually move the tone-change from early in the song to about mid-song to give it that bridged fix it needs. As for the outro, I'm stumped.. lol
:iconxxamyrainbowxx:
XxAmyRainbowxX Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Well once you've got that build up you'll be able to experiment with the ways you can bring it back down.
I look forward to hearing what you come up with.
Add a Comment: