The 60's 70's and 80's

Anyone else really enjoy music from those three decades?

Also, please list musicians from those three decades (especially rock). I'd love to give them a listen, whether I already have or haven't. :la:
Comments33
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
oh I love all three but I especially love the 60's because of The Beatles :dummy: :D
70's all the way.
three from each...

60's
The Incredible String Band
Love
Third Ear Band

70's
Magma
Univers Zero
Comus

80's
Cardiacs
Nurse with Wound
Macabre
60's:
The Beatles
The Rolling Stones
The Doors
Cream
The Kinks
The Beach Boys
The Monkees
The Animals
The Troggs
The Velvet Underground
Elvis Presley
Jackie Wilson
Simon & Garfunkel
The Isley Brothers
The Righteous Brothers
The Turtles
The Hollies

70's:
Pink Floyd
Deep Purple
Queen
Rush
Led Zeppelin
Caravan
Genesis
Jethro Tull
Bruce Springsteen
Michael Jackson
Black Sabbath
Uriah Heep
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Roxy Music
David Bowie
Electric Light Orchestra
Rainbow
Bob Dylan
Elvis Costello
T. Rex
Judas Priest
Boston
Thin Lizzy
Fleetwood Mac
Blondie
Bee Gees
Ramones
Dire Straits
Alice Cooper
AC/DC
Kiss

80's:
Motley Crue
Poison
Journey
Bon Jovi
Guns N Roses
Def Leppard
Skid Row
Twisted Sister
Ratt
Warrant
Whitesnake
Quiet Riot
Van Halen
Iron Maiden
W.A.S.P.
Steel Panther

haha well theres like a list from my music :L
One of my most prized posessions is an original MC5 handbill for a show in Detroit.
I like a lot of groups, but to name a few: Jefferson airplane, the mamas and the papas, fleetwoodmac, the zombies, queen, journey, air supply, the carpenters, James Taylor, Elton john, and many more.
60s: Jefferson Airplane, Buffalo Springfield, the Beatles, The Animals, The Box Tops, Johnny Rivers, Simon & Garfunkel

70s: Hamilton, Joe Frank & Reynolds, War, Barry White, Parliament, Nicolette Larson, The Guess Who, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Isaac Hayes, Maceo Parker, Isley Brothers, Rufus, Andrea True Connection, Walter Murphy, Abba, Alan Parsons Project, Emerson, Lake & Palmer, England Dan & John Ford Coley, David Soul, Fleetwood Mac, The Carpenters, Peter Frampton, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Quincy Jones, Loggins & Messina, Gq, Shango, Bad Company, Allman Brothers Band, Little River Band, Neil Young, Bob Marley

80s: Marillion, Genesis, Peter Gabriel, Lionel Richie, Chris DeBurgh, Michael Bolton, The Bangles, Aerosmith, Neil Young, April Wine, Pat Benatar
Never really payed attention, but I believe they were an 80s or maybe mid-to-late 90s group. Whatever they are, if you like music, I suggest giving Earth, Wind, and Fire a listen.

The Temptations were good though, as well.
I don't usually pay attention to the year the song or artist is from but I know Elton John is pretty old and I like him.
You bet! That's pretty much all I listen to.
Elton John
David Bowie
The Who
Queen
The Doors
Led Zeppelin
Pink Floyd
Styx
The Rolling Stones
Aerosmith
AC/DC
Black Sabbath
Janis Joplin
And more :D
60s, great folk and rock

70s, great funk, rock and punk

80s, great metal..
I really enjoy listening to 80s pop all the time because it's usually so catchy to hear. :D
It is very catchy! 80's pop is awesome. :D
Yes, it certainly is. Speaking of which, I also got a collection of 80s pop music on a 2-disc set for Christmas as well. :D
Wow that's so awesome! Sounds like a great Christmas present :D
Thank you very much for saying so. :D
You're very welcome! :D
One of the bands from the late 80s that is often overlooked - and I've no idea why as they were pretty good - is 'Then Jerico.' I bought their first couple of albums when they were first released and played them to death. Can't listen to them these days as there's no turntable to go with that big old box of vinyl.
70s post-punk and 80s new wave are all pretty great. And 80s hardcore punk.
Off the top of my head...

60's: Frank Zappa, Claudette And The Corporation, Rico & The Rudies, Dandy Livingstone, The Pioneers, Jun Mayuzumi, Justin Hinds, The Kinks, The Zombies, Count Ossie & The Mystic Revelation, Jr. Walker & The All Stars, Marvin Gaye, Tammi Terrell, Erma Franklin, Elis Regina, Gilberto Gil, The Who

70's: San Francisco's Shiver, The Upsetters, Bob Marley & The Wailers, Gregory Isaacs' All Stars, Pagan Altar, Witchfinder General, Black Sabbath, Lucifer's Friend, Leaf Hound, Atomic Rooster, Meredith Monk

80's: Zounds, Crass, Chain of Strength, Flux of Pink Indians, Bold, Circle Jerks, 45 Grave, Bad Brains, Skaos, The Specials, The Selecter, The Oppressed, Bauhaus, Corpus Delicti, Coven (the Seattle thrash-metal band), Dark Angel, My Bloody Valentine, Jesus And Mary Chain, Diamanda Galás, Lydia Lunch, The Phantom Limbs, Sex Gang Children, Public Enemy
"Flux of Pink Indians"

Friend.
Also for the 60's: Ultimate Spinache, Black Window, Jefferson Airplane, The Great Society, The Sorrows, Small Faces, Les Fleur De Lys, Strawberry Alarm Clock, The Electric Prunes and Pink Floyd