Closed to new replies
December 26, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 33

Good lyrics- Bad lyrics

:iconlangbam:
LangBam Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012
Personally, (and this is JUST personally), i think all lyrics should be written by Ed Sheeran! I'm fed up with rubbish lyrics which bring music down to the level of the uneducated and stupid (Ke$sha being an example)or those with repeated messages about break-up - make-up - love BS (i.e Taylor Swift), which literally killed any valuable meaning of those aspects of love and relationship. Overated fame!

So, what do you think make good/bad lyrics?

P/S: Sorry if i accidentally offended any Ke$sha's or TW's fans.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconmaiarikata:
MaiArikata Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
I like System of a Down's lyrical ability... They're amazing. And almost all popular mainstream artists are shit
:iconratpackswaggah:
RatPackSwaggaH Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012
If every song was written by Ed Sheeran I'd give up music altogether.
:iconthisomessedup:
ThISoMessedUp Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
No, not all lyrics should be written by Ed Sheeran. It would be a very depressing world. He is an extremely good lyricist, but it just wouldn't work. Also, Ed Sheeran belongs in the overrated crowd.

As a musician myself, I don't like to slash other peoples work or lyrics (minus the few which are stupid) because it's personal to them, even though if they're talking about bitch's and hoes etc. It's like their own creative baby. And mothers get overprotective of their babies.

I personally love Taylor Swift. I know she's overrated and very popular, but I think she's brilliant.

How would you feel if you wrote a song then people told you it was horrible?
LangBam Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012
Okay maybe i made it sound a bit too extreme when i said all lyrics should be written by him. I was just taking him as an example.
:iconmaiarikata:
MaiArikata Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
I hate Taylor swift, her music all sounds like "Wahh! I'm rich beautiful and famous and I can't have a fairy tail love life! Even though any average looking guy would give it to me! But I'm judging by looks only so ill never get my perfect love life!" .....although her face looks like a fucking breadstick to me
:iconcaramelgrape:
CaramelGrape Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012  Hobbyist
The best songwriters provoke thought, convey emotion and meticulously choose the words that will have the greatest impact on the listener. Frank Ocean does an amazing job of this.
Maybe i should go back to the 60s for the music.
CaramelGrape Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Hobbyist
What are you implying?
i'm implying that most of pop music nowadays is total rubbish.
CaramelGrape Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Hobbyist
What does that have to do with my first post?
Add a Comment: