So let's talk about Kendrick Lamar

So let's talk about Kendrick Lamar. What y'all think?
Comments42
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I kind of wish his collabs with Gaga didn't fall through, but I like his voice and everything. I find him rather interesting and fresh. I haven't really listened to much, but I like Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe. Also, I've heard that before PARTYNAUSEOUS was taken off of youtube it was pretty sick.
Damn, can I find PARTYNAOUSEOUS somewhere? The collab on Bitch, Don't Kill My Vibe was nice.
I halfway expect it to be on Gaga's ARTPOP.

But it was on youtube for like... two days, and I think whenever it is uploaded, it's immediately taken down.

I do have a feeling there is a small chance it will be on ARTPOP. But It could be on Kendrick next project.

Here is what Gaga had to say before the tracklist dropped.

"I apologize to the fans that this situation with Partynausous is confusing. To it clear it up I must explain this. When I collaborate with an artist i work solely with them, not with their camps or management. Its purely organic and creative. I love Kendrick dearly as a friend, but was not willing to compromise musically to the changes his team was making to my music. This is why I am not his record. I have a very specific vision as a producer and songwriter, and I always have. That song will be released at a different time, for a different project. I love you, and think you should check out his stuff because he is truly great. He’s a good kid, its just sometimes a mad city. -LG”
Interesting stuff. Never really listened to Lady GaGa, as in: was looking for her stuff on myself, 'cept for the Bitch, don't kill my vibe-version. Do know her singles and such though. If it'll be on ARTPOP, I'd might check out that record.
Well she actually worked with a lot of rappers and people in the hip-hop community. However, most of the stuff is unreleased, was only a demo for the real version, or the person never really got their solo career.

Let's see here... here is a list of songs with here working with rappers, or hip-hop, or others within similar communities.
Luv U Sum by CJ Holland
Kaboom by Kalenna
Let Dem Hoes Fight by Trina (there are three versions of this, one does contain Gaga, and usually is considered the best)
Poke Her Face (I forgot who it was by, but it does sample Gaga's acoustic Poker Face)

There's some other stuff, but I can't remember it.

However, Gaga has recently been rapping. Most of the Little Monsters (although secretly loving the songs) consider it more funny than actually serious.
Cake Like Lady Gaga
Cake Like Lady Gaga (Mugler Remix) - this one has only two verses. The new verse appears after the first chorus.
Don't forget about that track "Chillin" she did with Wale in '09.
That was the one I forgot.

However, a lot don't like to mention since she is usually mentioned as the best part of the song.

I never heard it myself, though. I keep forgetting to give it a listen.

To be honest, I love it when she does work with rappers and hiphopers.

I love Let Dem Hoes Fight.
View all replies
Poke Her Face is by KiD CuDi, produced by Kanye West I believe. :)
Oh yup. That's it.

They actually performed it together... Until Kid Cudi harassed a fan and Gaga kicked him off the tour.
Sweet. Might dig in that soon.
Sweet.

So you know, Lady Gaga writes all of her own stuff (except for a cover, and a demo she did) so everything you hear (excluding the sample song) so it showcases her other talents.
View all replies
Did you know there's a version of Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe with Gaga on the hook? ([link])

The album version is far better imo.
Yes. I have the fan made completed version.

It is probably better because you heard that one first. I say both version have the pros and cons. I like how Gaga is stretching out into different genres that normal popstars wouldn't touch.

But back on point, I like her version, just as well. I think it's because she sounds so calm, almost as if she is on vacation, but kind of remorseful. However, the JSMN and Anna Wise sound good due to raspy sexy vocals.

PARTYNAUSEOUS was taken off of the album due to Gaga not liking what Kendrick's producers (also record company I guess?) had done with her vocals, which I guess were vocoded and autotuned out the yinyang. Which is something Gaga doesn't use to sound better, but add an effect of some sort. And Gaga had all the right to do that, due to being the songwriter.
THE SKY IS FALLING, THE WIND IS CALLING, STAND FOR SOMETHING OR DIE IN THE MORNING.

I haven't listened to Killer Mike's album or Nas' Life is Good, but I don't think it's too far fetched for me to say that good kid, m.A.A.d city is rap album of the year.
Life is Good wasn't so good. :( R.A.P. Music is pretty great. My favourite hiphoprecord this year must be the new EL-P though.
I haven't listened to EL-P either... Have a lot of catching up to do.
i heard he says bad words sometimes
also heard he was the shit
kendrick lamar or frank ocean, who did you like more