Closed to new replies
December 10, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 4

Gangstagrass

:iconwitwitch:
witwitch Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Student Writer
Let's discuss Gangstagrass, the fusion of rap and blue grass genres.

[link]

I, for one, like it. It's . . . different. And interesting. And innovative, methinks.

I like all genres of music. :bucktooth:

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconbadgercheese1994:
Badgercheese1994 Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Student General Artist
When I read this I got a visual of a lawn with an atitood yo! Anyway, I like it, the mix of the rapping and the banjo.
:iconbeaulivres:
beaulivres Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012
I like a few of their songs a lot; others, less so. On the Run, I'm Gonna Put You Down, etc. are really great but sometimes I feel like some of the beats are not quite on point and really could be better (Dirty Pickin, for example, eh). Overall, I do enjoy the music though. The use of all the bluegrass samples in making hip hop is interesting and its an approach which (while of course hip hop was borne out of sampling older music) seems pretty unusual but when it works, it is grand!
:iconmosobot64:
mosobot64 Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Student General Artist
To be honest, mixing in old tunes to back emcees in rap isn't all that new.

I think the way they put it together, though, is really engaging. I think the piece you presented speaks more about their great sense of musicianship than simply innovation. And honestly, when it comes down to it, great musicianship is the real king.
:iconmphtmnslt:
mphtmnslt Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012
haha these dudes are pretty cool. It's like chain-gain rap, sort of :lol:
Add a Comment: