Closed to new replies
December 9, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 20

Coachella 2013

:iconcitychikin:
citychikin Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012  Student Filmographer
Who else is going, and what are your lineup predictions? The poster drops next month! I'm thinking: Of Monsters and Men, Passion Pit, The XX, Grizzly Bear, Crystal Castles, Beach House, Alabama Shakes, and Sigur Rós, to begin with. No idea who the headliners might be at this point, but a lot of people are pointing towards Muse, The Killers, and....drumroll...Daft Punk!

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconviciousweasel:
ViciousWeasel Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
Like, almost all of my favorite new alternative groups!! Sounds like it would be one badass show!!
citychikin Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Student Filmographer
Yeah I can't wait to see who else is on the poster! 2012's Coachella had about 150 performers total so the possibilities are huge. :boogie:
ViciousWeasel Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
Wow!!! Darn, i wanna go soooo bad! D: Where exactly is Coachella, anyway?
And who were the best acts last year?
citychikin Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Student Filmographer
Coachella is in Indio, California (unfortunately in the freakin' desert pretty much. It gets over 100 degrees hot during the festival, which is one downside :dead:). But yeah, its pure craziness! The headlining acts last year were Radiohead, The Black Keys and Dr Dre. and Snoop Dogg (with a Tupac hologram), and the second line included Arctic Monkeys, M83, Miike Snow, Afrojack, Florence & the Machine, Beirut, Explosions in the Sky, and Bon Iver to name a few. We tried to go that year but weren't able to because we couldn't get tickets fast enough. We finally managed to get 2013 tickets during the pre-sale (a year in advance, ridiculous), so its a bit of a victory because we've been wanting to go for years (I'm going with two high school friends).

Tickets go on sale (officially) in January!
ViciousWeasel Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
Holy crap!!! That sounds like such a good time!!! :O
You guys are gonna have such a fantastic time!!! I'm glad you finally got your tickets!!
I wouldn't doubt if Mumford and Sons, Imagine Dragons, Kings of Leon, or the Lumineers happened to come either! (You probably named some of them off already, not looking at your prediction list at the moment :P))
I wish i could go, but seeing as i currently live on the other side of the country, it's not much of a reality :/
citychikin Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012  Student Filmographer
Those bands are actually on my prediction list too, so you're spot-on!
As for the location, I suppose it would be quite a trip to make. Perhaps Lollapalooza and Bonnaroo are closer to you? Those festivals also get some great bands.
ViciousWeasel Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
Woot! :D

Yeah, i'm annoyingly close to Bonnaroo. Last year, Bad Brains AND Skrillex, two of my favorite artists played there, and i missed it!! I have my license now this year though, sooo, hopefully i'll be attending :P.They do, indeed. Lollapalooza is kinda far, but man, what a fantastic time that would be!! I hear Green Day plays it quite often, and man, i'd kill a diety to see them!!! Even if they are going..ugh, pop e_o. Warped Tour also makes a stop here, in Indiana, and i'm somewhat interested in that. I just dislike most of the headliners, not much of a scream-o fan... there are a lot of semi-underground punk bands that open though, like the Menzingers, the Falcon, and i believe Anti-Flag (not exactly ssemi-underground :P). Still, Coachella is where it's at over all of them!
citychikin Featured By Owner Dec 14, 2012  Student Filmographer
You should totally try to go to Bonnaroo! And oh boy, Warped Tour; I remember how my cousin and I, when we were in our early teens, would always get excited about Warped Tour every time it stopped by California. For one reason or another, I never went. Nowadays I can't say I'm too interested in the bands that play there, or that particular festival in general. If I was 15 years old, that'd be a different story. :lol:
(1 Reply)
:iconmanic-cure:
manic-cure Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012
Maybe im just getting older but coachella has lost its hype for me.

I'd most likely say otherwise if I experienced it in person. :shrug:
citychikin Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012  Student Filmographer
You need to experience it in person. :D
Add a Comment: